Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blood scare, help!!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am just wondering if anybody else has this problem and what came from it. I have been dealing with low platelets for years and the blood doctor just started to figure out why. It drops to 10-20k. I bleed into my skin when I get a shot or blood drawn, I bruise horribly easily..and my monthly is really bad. Anybody else have this problem? If so, what did you end up finding out?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RiotPixie
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Sounds like anemia
stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM

As much as I hate to say it, have they checked you for leukemia? I just know people who have it bruise really easy, but there are many other things it could be. Sorry I'm not of much help. Don't freak out and I'm sure if they really suspected it they would have tested by now. I hope you can figure it out soon!

beachlove512
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Have you had your vitamin K levels checked? Low levels can cause the blood to have difficulty clotting.

dhood101
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM
They are going to do a bone marrow biopsy soon. But we know they test and test and 1000 of $ later..they MIGHT figure it out.

Quoting stargazerwolf:

As much as I hate to say it, have they checked you for leukemia? I just know people who have it bruise really easy, but there are many other things it could be. Sorry I'm not of much help. Don't freak out and I'm sure if they really suspected it they would have tested by now. I hope you can figure it out soon!

dhood101
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I have anemia but they say it's not related in this case.

Quoting RiotPixie:

Sounds like anemia

dhood101
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I don't know, I'll have to ask! Thanks for bringing that up.

Quoting beachlove512:

Have you had your vitamin K levels checked? Low levels can cause the blood to have difficulty clotting.

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Ok, Ya it sucks how much it can take to figure something out. I'm sorry you are dealing with this :( hopefully though they do find something soon and it is a not too difficult fix

Quoting dhood101:

They are going to do a bone marrow biopsy soon. But we know they test and test and 1000 of $ later..they MIGHT figure it out.

Quoting stargazerwolf:

dhood101
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Thank you sweet thang ♥♡

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Ok, Ya it sucks how much it can take to figure something out. I'm sorry you are dealing with this :( hopefully though they do find something soon and it is a not too difficult fix

Quoting dhood101:

Quoting stargazerwolf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured