Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BIRTH CONTROL need some advice! i dont trust anything

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM
  • 27 Replies

Hey so me and my husbands sex life is pretty much non existent since we are so scared of getting pregnant. I have a 9 month old daughter and now after having a baby I am extremely fertile. I have been pregnant twice since having my first baby and chose to end those pregnancies.  please dont judge me i know its a hard topic for some people.  i did not enjoy doing it at all, especially when I had to the second time i was very upset, but i do believe its a womans right to chose. im not stupid, these were just honest mistakes and it is much too soon for me to have another child.  anyway we use condoms for birth control and nothing else, i know now especially that condoms can not be very reliable.  i dont want to go on the pill because i am constantly hearing about all these health problems they can cause, and i have seen recalls for just about every single brand out there.  i have also considered nuvaring and mirena, but i am just not comfortable with something inside my body at all times like that.  pretty much every single form of birth control has some type of health risk or horrible side effect, so im lost on what to do.  anyone have any advice?  im figuring i will just use condoms and be extra careful since we dont have sex often anyway.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I took the pill for over 25 years. Never an issue or side effect. 1st month off, both times I was pregnant. Worked well for me. I would be terrified of mirena.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Abstinence... Works the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkidedman
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I just had a baby 5 weeks ago and I have a 22 month old so I am also terrified to get pregnant again! I go back next week to get bc and I plan to try the patch. I wanted an iud at first but reading some of the risks terrified me. I will say I was on the pill for a few years and never had any bad side effects, I was just horrible at remembering to take it, thus getting pregnant twice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Moe1521
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I'm always a fan of doubling up. I take the pill (orthotricyclin lo), and use condoms (until we get confirmation that DH's vasectomy was successful.

I have no side effects from taking the pill. Good luck making a decision mama!
CrimsonGrace
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Do you eventually want more children? If a permanent solution isn't the answer then I would go with the pill.

Eta: one of the older pills that has been around awhile
Mabuka
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I got pregnant while on tthe pill - TWICE. After doctors said I could probably never get pregnant. (The 2nd time I got pregnant the pill I was on was recalled).
I'm on Mirena now. Got it a few months ago and IT IS THE DEVIL. I am getting it taken out on Monday and getting the Depo shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
This. I took Lo Ovral for 25 years. I would not take a newer pill either.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Do you eventually want more children? If a permanent solution isn't the answer then I would go with the pill.

Eta: one of the older pills that has been around awhile

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I don't know too much about it but maybe you should look into natural family planning.

metalmommy666
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

thx everyone.  im only 22 so i do want another child eventually in a few years, but after 2 kids i think ill want my tubes tied if its possible. 2 kids is enough for me.  as for now i think i might look into getting the patch, and always use condoms as well - but no IUDs for me.

mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
plain and simple nothing and I mean nothing is 100% from keeping you to get pregnant except not having sex!.....I have 3 kids I was on the pill before the first baby (got off bc) and after him then got back on...same with my second son bc worked for me those to time....the third time i got pregnant i was ON bc.....after i had her i told dh i will not have sex with u till u are fixed! i am never going on bc again!....dh is fixed all good over here!....So if u dont want to be on any kind of bc just have the kids you want and be done have ur dh get snipped and it u have a c section get ur tubes tied
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured