Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

BIRTH CONTROL need some advice! i dont trust anything

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey so me and my husbands sex life is pretty much non existent since we are so scared of getting pregnant. I have a 9 month old daughter and now after having a baby I am extremely fertile. I have been pregnant twice since having my first baby and chose to end those pregnancies.  please dont judge me i know its a hard topic for some people.  i did not enjoy doing it at all, especially when I had to the second time i was very upset, but i do believe its a womans right to chose. im not stupid, these were just honest mistakes and it is much too soon for me to have another child.  anyway we use condoms for birth control and nothing else, i know now especially that condoms can not be very reliable.  i dont want to go on the pill because i am constantly hearing about all these health problems they can cause, and i have seen recalls for just about every single brand out there.  i have also considered nuvaring and mirena, but i am just not comfortable with something inside my body at all times like that.  pretty much every single form of birth control has some type of health risk or horrible side effect, so im lost on what to do.  anyone have any advice?  im figuring i will just use condoms and be extra careful since we dont have sex often anyway.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Replies (21-27):
WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM
If you don't want another child for a pretty good long time I would suggest getting the Mirena (iud). If not get the pill, I never had an issues with the pill and I never heard of anyone having problems with it. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Mirena was terrible for me and I had a lot of side effects. The poll was effective, when it is remembered. I had the Essure procedure and am pregnant not. It's honestly just how your body is gonna react, sometimes you won't know until you try something.
metalmommy666
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM

ive already made it pretty clear i dont want any IUDs lol or the nuvaring or anything that stays inside you.  but thank you all for the advice it definetely helped and opened up some different options for me :)

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

But it's pretty unhealthy for a marriage.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

Abstinence... Works the best!

Halobetasol
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

use para guard

katye43
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I was on the pill for about 12 years and then had a tubal ligation but I had several foster children who preferred the Depo shot since it lasts 3 monthsl, no daily--"OMG I forgot to take my pill".  They would put the date due on their phone and huge calendar I had in each room and reduced the worry.  That would be my preference.  Its too bad you didn't feel comfortable enough to have those two babies and give them up for adoption.  One of my girls gave her daughter up for adoption.  19 years later the daughter's daughter. looked me up trying to find her mom.  I gave her the information she needed plus a picture of her mom which she had no clue what she looked like, and a letter her mom had given me concerning why she felt like she needed to give her up.  My FC was only 16 when she gave birth and couldn't handle school work and a baby.  Good luck. 

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!  Life is too short as it is.have a nice day

Sue1605
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Me too, I have taken the Ovral L for over 22 years, never had a problem. I refused to even change the brand since I was so used to it.

Quoting atlmom2:

This. I took Lo Ovral for 25 years. I would not take a newer pill either.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Do you eventually want more children? If a permanent solution isn't the answer then I would go with the pill.

Eta: one of the older pills that has been around awhile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)