Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spots on Gums

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi! My 11 week old son has some yellow/white spots on his gums. They are on both the inside and outside of his gums, but not on top like teeth would be. There are only a few, and are small. I don't know if they bother him or not because he is always drooling and chewing everything anyway (at 9 wks dr said he is already teething!). Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It's possible that they could be tooth buds ready to start poking through.  What does the doctor say?

bpryce
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

both my kids had them. pedi said they are normal and do not bother baby. I cant remember what exactly they were but they go away. nothing to worry about

SalemWitchChild
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Are you breast feeding? It could be thrush. If you are bfing, does your nipples hurt or itch? I'd have it checked out by a doc.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/oral-thrush/DS00408

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:59 PM

thrush is what i was thinking too!

Kahla11
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM

my dd has them and they are all over her gums and outside her gums. She has had them since about  11 wks. Doctor said they are calcium deposits from teeth that are trying to come in. They are harmless and don't hurt the child. Doctor did say if it was thrush when wiped gently they would bleed otherwise it's just calcium deposits. If your worried though I would take him in and ask doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)