Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do u bring gifts to a Baptism?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
Im going to a baptism then bbq and ive never been to one before so im not sure of the etiquette on these things. Do u bring a gift for the little one or mom? flowers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
crystalplus1
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I dont know. We always just had a small party, we dont baptize baby's. You could buy one and keep it in the car? and if you see others giving gifts, go get yours?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Yes, something for the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonkeysGrammy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I was born and raised Catholic (though not anymore) however all 3 of my boys were Baptized. We always got gifts for them usually something holy like a cross for the bedroom or something of that nature. Or it was a gift of money since you do have to pay the church to get Baptized (& of course it's not cheap). good luck

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

dom3269
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Really? U have to pay the church? Did not know tga but i.guess that makes

Quoting MonkeysGrammy:

I was born and raised Catholic (though not anymore) however all 3 of my boys were Baptized. We always got gifts for them usually something holy like a cross for the bedroom or something of that nature. Or it was a gift of money since you do have to pay the church to get Baptized (& of course it's not cheap). good luck

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I think it is customary to bring a gift for the baby, or flowers and a card would be perfect too.

stayathome510
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I have been to and had many baptisms...a gift, a card, some momento is a lovely gesture.  Not everyone gifts, so its up to you.  If you already gifted for the baby's birth, you could give a card instead of gift.

twinmom114
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I am Baptist and we don't pay to get baptized. We don't baptize babies either.

Quoting MonkeysGrammy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM

i have never heard of having to pay to get baptized. the church i grew up in didnt charge..and i dont think that a church SHOULD charge! thats just wrong!

as for a gift, check out your local christians book store, they would have lots of good ideas in there :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN