Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Have You Ever tried Medifast?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have been entertaining the idea of trying Medifast because of the amount of weight I need to lose (again!). The main thing that holds me back is the cost.

Has anyone tried it or something similar and cheaper? I have to make a change NOW...I just saw a picture of myself that disgusted me. I didn't know it was this bad!!!!
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrsd1006
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM

BUMP!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a friend that did it, and gained all the weight back very quickly. I'm sorry, the best way is just counting calories and changing your way of eating for life. That being said I had good results with just having 3 or 4 300 to 400 calorie frozen meals a day (to have a total of 1200 calories) such as Lean cuisine, Healthy Choice, that sort of thing. That way all the portion control is done for you and they're pretty tasty. You can do that for a couple of weeks and lose at least 5 lbs. Then you go from there, get rid of all the junk food in your house, good luck mama!

mrsd1006
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Quoting Lindalou907:

I had a friend that did it, and gained all the weight back very quickly. I'm sorry, the best way is just counting calories and changing your way of eating for life. That being said I had good results with just having 3 or 4 300 to 400 calorie frozen meals a day (to have a total of 1200 calories) such as Lean cuisine, Healthy Choice, that sort of thing. That way all the portion control is done for you and they're pretty tasty. You can do that for a couple of weeks and lose at least 5 lbs. Then you go from there, get rid of all the junk food in your house, good luck mama!

. I had done it this way before along with exercising first thing and getting up at the same time everyday... But because it is not a. Strict plan had trouble. Mediastinal is essentially a commercial version of the ketogenic diet.... Which is also similar to Atkins. My main issue is I love love love fruit. ...but I can't see indulging in fruit being nearly as bad as some of the junk I have been. And basically the reason we are"hungry" is because when we eat junk our body still needs nutrition and will send the hunger signals until you get what you need... I really had a wakeup call seeing this picture. In my head I am skinnier but I am kidding myself. I can't do this to myself anymore!!!
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM

You can probably lose some weight just replacing the junk food with fruit, eat what you love! One other thing I did for a while was always have as much home-made vegetable soup as I wanted in the afternoon, it kept me feeling full.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)