Did you know that less than 1% of all the water on Earth can be used by people? Communities across the country are starting to face challenges in maintaining healthy and affordable water supplies; that's why it's more important than ever to use our water wisely and not waste it.
A typical household uses approximately 260 gallons of water every day. We can reduce this amount and save money by using water more efficiently -- detecting and fixing leaky faucets, installing high efficiency clothes washers and toilets, and watering the lawn and garden with the minimum amount of water needed.
Here are some simple ways to save water:
- Repair leaky or dripping faucets and running toilets.
- Consider taking showers rather than baths.
- Use low-flow showerheads and toilets.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth or soaping up your hands.
- Wash only full loads of dishes or laundry.
- Use a programmable sprinkler system to water your lawn efficiently.
In the replies below, tell us:
What are some ways that you and your family conserve water?
Click here to start your Earth Day Journey from the beginning:
Join our Earth Day Journey - Win a $50 Gift Card and lots of other Prizes, too!