Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Question

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 22 Replies

Does anyone else had a problem with migraines? I use to get a few here and there but they been getting worse and are starting to interfere with things. Anything advice to help cut them back or anything?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I would go to see a doctor.  What medicines have you tried?  It could be from many things.  I get them from too much sun and if i eat food with MSG in them.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I would see a doctor, I get them when I'm not on birth control very often. Its hormones most of the time. But even on BC I still get them and I need meds at that point. So sometimes even if you figure out the what's causing you still get them and need meds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenk928
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:13 AM
I get them frequently. Weather is a big trigger for me, lack of sleep, too much noise, certain smalle. IT SUCKS. I have tried a few different meds with no luck. I just deal and sleep them off as much as possible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I got them a lot while pregnant. I found some neck stretches that really helped releave the pain. 
I also found that taking a bath with low light and some lemon oil in the bath seemed to help.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I would see a dr.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

No, sorry.

My sil suffers with migraines and has to get botox injections in her forehead and scalp.

Raeann11
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I use to get them. My Dr put me on some meds and they did nothing. Then I started to see a chiropractor. He had me write a log or foods and drinks and when I got them. I found out that caffeine was a trigger for me. So I cut way back on it. Between that and adjustments. In the last 10 years I have only had one and that was after my third. Due to high hormones.

anotherandree
by Inga on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I got what they referred to as "low grade" migraines EVERYDAY for 4 years before someone finally diagnosed me correctly.  My neuologist put me on Topamax (50mg in the am and 100mg at night).  From what I read, though, it is a difficult drug to tolerate so it is hit or miss, but it worked for me.  However, about a month ago something changed and I am back to getting the headaches, full strength nearly everyday again.  

KenneMaw
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Have you monitored what you are eatign to see if a food is a trigger?   Any diet soda gives me a terrible migraine, some b/c pills didn't agree with me either.   Have you added anyting new to your home, like paint, carpet, flooring, new cleaners??  Any of these could be a trigger as well.   When I feel one coming on, I will drink a bit of caffiene, take Excedrin Migraine Relief and try to find a dark place with limited sound. 

breebree04
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I think a journal is a good idea. If you can find the cause of the migraines you wont have to constantly be on meds for them. I got severe headaches (borderline migraines) for years on an almost daily basis. The drs kept telling me it could be a number of things causing them and they just couldnt pin point it. Eventually I started getting migraines and to make along story short we found they were caused by my birth control. Have been on a low estrogen birth control since and so far so good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN