Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keurig alternatives? *EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 10 Replies

**ETA:  I took the brewer and receipt to BBB and they exchanged it happily, yay! We'll see what I do next time lol. Thanks gals!

My family breaks my coffee pots when they visit. Arrrrgggggg!

They turn them on off, on off, onnnnnnnn- off, onnnnnnnn.

Last two times it was a $20 old school brewer, this time- my $100 keurig. Wtf lol.

I don't want to spring for a keurig if the alternatives are fine. Do you have one? Pros/ cons?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I'd buy a Keurig.  With the Keurig, buy an old coffee pot from Goodwill or something cheap from Walmart/Target.  Whenever they come over, hide the Keurig and use the old/cheap coffee pot.  Then when they leave take out the Keurig again.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
That's what I said!!

:)

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'd buy a Keurig.  With the Keurig, buy an old coffee pot from Goodwill or something cheap from Walmart/Target.  Whenever they come over, hide the Keurig and use the old/cheap coffee pot.  Then when they leave take out the Keurig again.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I don't know how the alternatives are though.  I have a single serve Keurig.  After we move I'll be getting the one with the water reservoir, lol.  That way I can use bigger cups.  The one we have now was a test run to see if we liked it.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

That's what I said!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Oh no! I am sorry they broke your keurig. Get two, and put the expensive one away when they come. I have a small one that I take to the beach. - it isn't keurig though, although it is made to use k-cups, it is mr. Coffee, I think. I'm sure I price-shopped.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:22 PM

The single one is the one I have for the beach. I leave it at my mom's so my sister can use it when she visits there. The reservoir ones are nice.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I don't know how the alternatives are though.  I have a single serve Keurig.  After we move I'll be getting the one with the water reservoir, lol.  That way I can use bigger cups.  The one we have now was a test run to see if we liked it.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

That's what I said!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Bed bath and beyond was great and exchanged it! Yay! :)

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting AM-BRAT:

That's what I said!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Totally thought about it lol! I ended up getting an exchange at bbb thankfully. :))

Quoting Bmat:

Oh no! I am sorry they broke your keurig. Get two, and put the expensive one away when they come. I have a small one that I take to the beach. - it isn't keurig though, although it is made to use k-cups, it is mr. Coffee, I think. I'm sure I price-shopped.

anotherandree
by Inga on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I would totally do this!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Rhodin
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Make them use instant!  I've seen that crappuccino powder as low as $2 a box.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Lmao good one!! Maybe next timmmmeeee lol...

Quoting Rhodin:

Make them use instant!  I've seen that crappuccino powder as low as $2 a box.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured