Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What makes you a "bad mom?"

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 22 Replies

We all do things that some other people think are "bad," whether it's co-sleeping, attachment parenting, starting solids too soon, letting them take their binkies too long, or, like me, letting your kids watch TV for hours.

What do you do that's considered "bad" by other people?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a SAHM and didn't go out to work, some feel this was selfish of me. I worked very hard to raise veggies and fruits and to cook from scratch and to do well by the children, so it wasn't at though I lay around and ate chocolates.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I think I am a darn good mom, but I let my kids have their bottles as long as they wanted them, so I think they were 3, which is unheard of nowadays. And I started solids pretty early, I spanked, I never let them sleep with us all night EVER, I let them play outdoors unsupervised, sometimes I skipped "back to school" night. We should ask my kids, they probably have a different long list,lol!

offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I formula fed
I vaccinate
I let my son do online public school
My son has had a tv, in his bedroom, since he was 5
I let him play with guns and video games

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Mobile Photo

The list is too long to mention...but this is probably one of the biggest....this is how's girls were fed 99% of the time! Baby B was right beside her and baby c was being burped...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Probably a lot more things than those that make me a GOOD mom!

melissaaytes
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM

TV at bedtime...

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care what someone else thinks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Quoting lapcounter:

I don't care what someone else thinks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jess159
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM

my mom and dad tells me that my kids a spoiled because they get what ever they want witch is so not true my kids get what they need and if thier really good then they get something they want i spank and make my kids say plz and thank you and ask before taking and i must be doing something right because when were out some where people tell me and my hubby how well behaved my kids are yeah i let them have a binky way to long and yeah ones 4 and ones 2 and they have a specil blanket they have to have when its bed time but things change as they get older and one day they will not want it any more so all moms u do nothing wrong ur a good mom because u give ur kids what the need love and thats more important then someones opinion about what kind of mom u are good for all the moms who provide a good life of their children and the heck with what everyone eles thinks

Kahla11
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:28 PM

All that you just named except the pacifier part. Timeout in public and doing the dreaded leash thing. I only do that in crowded areas or as punishment when she has ran off too many times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured