Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Trying to Conceive!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello Everyone,

Me and my boyfriend have decieded that we are ready to bring a life in this world together and are trying to conceive our first child together, this will be our first time actually trying. We've been doing a lot of research online and talking to a few people about right timing and our health. I would just like to get any advice and would love to read your experiences.

Thanks, Roxy

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom!  Good luck with TTC. :)

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I'm not one to judge, just curious, why aren't you wanting to get married first? How long have you been together? I didn't plan either of mine, got married when pregnant with the first (wish i hadn't cause I didn't know him well enough) divorced, and 3.5 years later got pregnant again, me and my boyfriend live together, but I honestly wish I had been married first, even though that would mean a lot of spacing between kids. I wish I had the same name as at least one of my kids and there are many more benefits to being married before having kids. I mean I'm sure you have looked into all that though.

Anyway, that is exciting. Keep it relaxed, have as much sex as you can, but don't make it a chore. It is quick and easy for some (like me who hasn't tried at all for either) and some it can take a year or more. If you are healthy and have good jobs then it should go well and you should be able to afford a baby especially if you breastfeed. I'm sure you looked into this already but do you know if you are going to stay home with baby or go back to work? Because then of course there could be cost of daycare.

Good luck! And have fun! I look forward to one day planning the 3rd kid rather then ending up with a suprise lol.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

RoxynNieco12
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I've known him since 2007 we went to high school together and been just friends until last June when we decided to become a couple... Best friends... Marriage is in the process... We've discussed it and that's something we're both looking forward to doing before the baby arrives for sure... We both are financially stable and want a family together... Sex is fun but its just kind of hard to not think about what we are aiming for while having sex... Idk if its just me or what

Quoting amonkeymom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Nope, it's not just you.  When my ex and I were TTC our two younger kids sex definitely became a chore at times.  

Quoting RoxynNieco12:

I've known him since 2007 we went to high school together and been just friends until last June when we decided to become a couple... Best friends... Marriage is in the process... We've discussed it and that's something we're both looking forward to doing before the baby arrives for sure... We both are financially stable and want a family together... Sex is fun but its just kind of hard to not think about what we are aiming for while having sex... Idk if its just me or what

Quoting amonkeymom:

RoxynNieco12
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM

LOL Thank you i thought i was alone

Quoting amonkeymom:

Nope, it's not just you.  When my ex and I were TTC our two younger kids sex definitely became a chore at times.  

Quoting RoxynNieco12:

Quoting amonkeymom:

StacyO722
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM

We were TTC for about a year. We used the ovulation predictor kits you get at the grocery store. You pee on them just like you do a pregnancy test and they tell you when your fertile days are. They work when you use them correctly. I used them around the middle of the month for a few months and nothing. Come to find out I wasn't ovulating at the 'normal' time of the month, so I started using them the day after I finished my period, and once I figured that out, we were pregnant that month...lol.

There is a group on here specifically for TTC. if you can't get an answer you're looking for in this group, they may be able to help.

Best of luck!

RoxynNieco12
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM

wow thank you so much for sharing that lovely story StacyO722

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
We conceived our kids first month off the pill both times. Many take at least 3 to 6 months or more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeweldragons
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

It takes the average healthy couple 12 months to concieve.  So don't be afraid or worried if it doesn't happen right away. If after 12 months of actively trying and not getting pregnant then you are considered infertile and it's time to go see a doctor.  I reccomend the TTC group on Cafemom.

-TTC #1 and have Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN