Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Any signs a few days before you gave birth?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 18 Replies

When you had your babies could you kind of tell they were gonna come soon? 

If so what did you experience?  

I've heard your baby can 'drop' like a week in advance and you not even know it or contract.

I'm so scared that my second is gonna be preemie too! 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DerDer528
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't help you but bump! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I was always wired for the last two or three days of pregnancy. Wanting to run around nonstop, oh and HUNGRY!

big.city.mama
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Yes you start nesting like cleaning like a madwoman and non stop shopping
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KimmyShaw
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I got sick, like bad stomach issues...the doc said my body was cleaning itself out (and boy did it LOL) getting ready

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM

With both I really didn't have any signs the few days before, just the usual pushing on the cervix lol. The first dropped I swear like a month before I had her. The second felt like she dropped but she didn't til I had her. The day I went into labor with the first lost my mucas plug, contractions started soon after. Second one had some minor contractions the day before, lost mucas plug, water broke walking in for the scheduled csection (on due date) but got my VBAC. :) I"m not much help because my signs are only right before going into labor lol.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM

How many weeks are you?

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I had no signs until the day of. I just felt a lot pressure in the middle of my tummy and no clue I was in labor until I went to the hospital.

Raeann11
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM

My first I was really tired. But at the time I just thought it was put of pregnancy or getting sick. My water broke that night and 10 mins later contractions started. Had her 23.5 hours later.

My second I slept pretty much all day long. I had dropped a week before I had her. But again with the sleeping. I thought I was getting sick. Woke up early the next morning to contractions.

My third I had everything under the sun for 5-8 weeks. I dropped 8 weeks before I had her. I had contractions on and off. I had five times I went into labor and it all to stop 5-12 hours later. I had diarrhea, heartburn and so on. She was my first one to go past her estimated due date.

BrittSam2011
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I was scared my third was going to be premie. My first was 5 days early, second 3 weeks early. But he came only 10 days early. My mother had problems with my brothers and I, oldest 1 month early, then 2 months, she went into labor with me at 3 months. Put on bed rest for the last 3 months to make sure I wasn't premie. Pretty difficult when the oldest is only 4 and the next is 2.

I had irregular contractions for 2 weeks before he came out and dropped 3 weeks before. Then the morning before he was born the contractions were every 6 minutes apart all the sudden. Hospital time. 

Jess159
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM

i sorry i cant help u both of mine were induced early my first i had bad mojoe and was back and forth with the dr and my second was much larger baby and dr was afraid he would get to big  but when they set up my induction appt i went into nesting mode i had more energy than i had the in tire pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)