Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Any signs a few days before you gave birth?

Posted by   + Show Post

When you had your babies could you kind of tell they were gonna come soon? 

If so what did you experience?  

I've heard your baby can 'drop' like a week in advance and you not even know it or contract.

I'm so scared that my second is gonna be preemie too! 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (11-18):
mommadana
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:52 PM

My SIL ate like it was going out of style cause Baby T dropped and quit hanging out on her stomach, but she had to pee a lot more cause the bladder was the next bed to sleep on.

Dana      you rock 

weddingcountdown.com

emdizzle64
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

32 weeks...but my son was born at 31 so im kind of paranoid. :/

Quoting Lindalou907:

How many weeks are you?

AMR320
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Nope. With my first my water broke at 38 weeks 2 days. Nothing else happened before at all. My second was born the day after her due date. I had my OB appt on her due date and he did check my cervix. I was 2cm dilated and never even had braxton hicks. All was normal until 1 am when I started contracting. I honestly thought I would end up being induced the following week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I would be a little nervous too, but just try to relax, every pregnancy is so different! Good luck honey!

Quoting emdizzle64:

32 weeks...but my son was born at 31 so im kind of paranoid. :/

Quoting Lindalou907:

How many weeks are you?

ACC1984
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I started having horrible sudden pains in my back and hips about a week before I went into labor. They would catch me off guard and I almost fell a few times. I had a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen...I felt like an 80 year old woman! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM

The day before my first was born.... the dr said "would you like to go to the hospital and be induced now? or give him one more night?" so... we had a day's notice... i dont think that answers your question though...

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I had 2 boys. I had absolutely no idea until the day they arrived.

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM

On each of the three days before I went into real labor I woke at 4 a.m. on the dot with painful contractions that got weaker as the day went on until they stopped in the late afternoon. Then the day I went into labor for real I woke at 4 a.m. again but they got stronger. DD never dropped, I had no other indications that birth was coming. She was born six days after her due date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)