Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Kids summer pen pals

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
I can remember when I was in elementary school I had a pen pal through school. I was wanting to find my daughter one for this summer from another part of the world then were we live. But I'm not sure what website is safe to go to. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM

How old is your daughter? You might be able to find some moms in the elementary moms group who would be willing to set up a pen pal thing with your daughter.

I don't know of any websites other than this one that is safe.

jenk928
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM
That sounds like a great idea..

Quoting funhappymom:

How old is your daughter? You might be able to find some moms in the elementary moms group who would be willing to set up a pen pal thing with your daughter.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I agree, this is the safest approach, I think. Other penpal sites are kind of scary.

Quoting funhappymom:

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I definitley think the elementary school kids group is the way to go.

Good luck. I remember I used to love writing summer pen pal letters when I was in elementary.

Femommy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I thought it was a good idea for this summer. My daughter will be seven in two months and loves to write. She's very interested in how other people live in different parts of the world from the Disney channel when they show "my family tree" clips. I'm just so scared to go to these sites. I'll have to check out that page. I even thought about asking her current teacher if they have a program that could refer me to.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM

ohhh i did that in school!! i used to looove havin a penpal!!  hope you find someone :)

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I would love this idea if I were more trusting of people on the internet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)