Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i need teething advice!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son is just a little over a year old and is still getting his teeth in.  I know its hurts a lot.  i try to help by giving him cold teething toys, ice cubes, tylonal, etc.... but he keep grinding his teeth.  i need to get him to stop before he does damage.  anyone have advice?

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.amberteethingnecklace.org/

^Those things are amazing, total life saver. Not sure about grinding, none of mine did that. But the necklace took all of the other symptoms away so might be worth it, they're not overly expensive so worth a try at least!

Good luck :)

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Has he been to a dentist yet?  What worked for my dd was gentle naturals teething drops through age 2.5.  Nothing else helped her.

mrzalykat
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you very much for the advice!!! i will try it!

funhappymom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Definitely try the teething necklaces and the natural teething drop or tabs. I use the hylands teething tablets for my daughter and they work wonders.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I agree with the suggestion of the teething necklace

lonlynstresdmom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I used beef jerky with all my kids it worked really well
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kali_mom
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Amber teething necklace and Hylands homeopathic tablets worked wonders for this last one. With my others teething rings worked as long as I kept a variety in the house. Our last one is 11 months old and she is still teething as well. Hang in there it will get better!
LindaClement
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Grinding his teeth is normal, and fine. He's scraping off the nasty little barbs that are very sharp. He'll stop naturally.

marisab
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM

BUMP!

Raveyk
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM

We got these wonderful homeopathic tablets. you can usually find them in the baby section at Walgreen's of target, etc. they are little white tablets they dissolve very quickly so you just put one on the tip of your finger and gently rub it where his new teeth are coming in. My daughter had really bad teething and that was the only thing that helped. We used the Hyland's teething tablets but there are other brands out there. I hope this helps!

Here:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=395295&catid=185698&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler&device=c&network=g&matchtype=

or here are the ones that I use:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/hyland's-homeopathic-teething-tablets/ID=prod6067490-product?ext=gooMedicines_ampersand_Treatments_PLA_Teething_and_Thumbsucking_prod6067490_pla&adtype={adtype}&kpid=prod6067490&sst=033517c3-c516-00a8-bb19-00006b4ce3e2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN