Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Am I Being Negative or Am I out of My Mind?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hi. I have a confession to make and with it a question for your advice on what I really should do.

The Confession: I made love with my hub a week ago. And....

I think I am one week pregnant. I haven't checked with a pregnancy test kit yet. But I am about to today or tomorrow depending on when I could buy it. 

But what if I am pregnant then and don't want it yet? What shall I do? I have a one-year-three-months old son and I am having difficulties with him and then this. I could not face the world with one more baby. I think I am being rude and cruel to think of evil things because of my mistake but I really am desperate to be unpregnant. I hope that someone out there would understand my situation. :( 

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM
You can't test positive until closer to 2 weeks after sex...

What makes you think your pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siegmom29
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I'm having nauseas. I really feel uncomfortable...or maybe I am just paranoid over this?

Quoting lilmama8408:

You can't test positive until closer to 2 weeks after sex...

What makes you think your pregnant

anotherandree
by Inga on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

First, think about it this way.  It's not like you will be pregnant and have the baby right away.  Your son will be two by the time the new baby comes.  The difference between a one and two year old are like night and day.  Second, you need to be having this conversation with your HUSBAND, not with us.  You two are a family, you two are a married couple and should be making this decision together.  Lastly, don't panic just yet.  Like the poster above me said, you won't know for at least another week.

siegmom29
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

My husband..disagrees to having a second baby just yet. He completely disagrees with it... :( Okay okay,no to panic just yet..whew....

Quoting anotherandree:

First, think about it this way.  It's not like you will be pregnant and have the baby right away.  Your son will be two by the time the new baby comes.  The difference between a one and two year old are like night and day.  Second, you need to be having this conversation with your HUSBAND, not with us.  You two are a family, you two are a married couple and should be making this decision together.  Lastly, don't panic just yet.  Like the poster above me said, you won't know for at least another week.

Zazayam
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Well your test won't show anything yet. Give it a little while and then test. When you find out, go get on some sort of birth control if you don't want another baby yet..

siegmom29
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Thank you so much..how do I know what birth control to take in?

Quoting Zazayam:

Well your test won't show anything yet. Give it a little while and then test. When you find out, go get on some sort of birth control if you don't want another baby yet..

stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
you sound negative and afraid of pregnancy. But be patient and rest a little. If you are pregnant then embrace it and accept it because you can't control everything. Your child would have a sister or brother to play with, that's a positive thing. right??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

You'd have to talk to your doctor about that. I hear lots of great things about paragard. Good luck :)

Quoting siegmom29:

Thank you so much..how do I know what birth control to take in?

Quoting Zazayam:

ali840
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Can I ask how old you are?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
siegmom29
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I am...20. turning 21 this april 27..

Quoting ali840:

Can I ask how old you are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)