Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick advice if possible

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 16 Replies

ok so my 2 year old daughter has been doin this thing a few times today where she would sound like shes vomiting but nothing would happen...she did it a few minutes ago and a little bit of i gues clear fluid (im not sure) came up it wasnt a whole lot but all i have is tylenol and nighttime cold and cough for her..should i give her either one or wont either help? if they wont work, do you have any suggestions?...suggestions asap would be awesome :)

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Does have a stuffy nose?  It sounds like maybe sinus drainage down the back of her throat is causing her to gag and cough.  Some benadryl would help dry up the drainage.   Do you have a vaporizer?  I've heard that vicks vaporub on the feet and then socks really helps coughing.  I've never tried it though.

yung_mom22
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

i think i might have heard her sniffling like she might be stuffed up..and no we dont have benadryl or a vaporizer but i do have vicks..so im gonna try that and then put socks on her and see if that helps her..thankyou i really appreciate it!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I would not give either if she is spitting stuff up or vomiting since it could hurt her throat more.   Do you have any tea in the house you could brew for her?  That can help break up congestion as well.   A steamy bathroom could help like a vaporizer.

PS  cold medicines should not be given to children this young.

yung_mom22
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM

she isnt actually spitting anything up or vomiting shes just making the noise like she has to. kinda like dryheaving but the tylenol and cough medicince is for children 2 years and up and i didnt give her either since i figured it wasnt really pertaining to why she is dryheaving so i just put vicks on her feet (for children 2 years and up) and put socks on her to see if that helps

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would not give either if she is spitting stuff up or vomiting since it could hurt her throat more.   Do you have any tea in the house you could brew for her?  That can help break up congestion as well.   A steamy bathroom could help like a vaporizer.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Good luck.  I hate when dd is sick and she refuses to take any medicines.

Quoting yung_mom22:

she isnt actually spitting anything up or vomiting shes just making the noise like she has to. kinda like dryheaving but the tylenol and cough medicince is for children 2 years and up and i didnt give her either since i figured it wasnt really pertaining to why she is dryheaving so i just put vicks on her feet (for children 2 years and up) and put socks on her to see if that helps

Quoting frndlyfn:

yung_mom22
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM

i know me too. my daughter is always talking about taking medicine but when she needs it she closes her mouth and runs away lol

LoreleiSieja
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM

you do not give anything for naseua.  If you give her tylenol, she will probably toss it back up.  

The BEST thing for nausea is NOTHING.  You just wait about four hours.  If she doesn't throw up, then you try a saltine cracker or two and a SIP of room temp water.  If she keeps that down, then you allow the BRAT diet - bananas, or rice, or applesauce or toast.  These four things are easy to digest after an upset stomach episode.  If after 24 hours, she does not throw up, then you can ease her back into eathing normal foods.  If she throws up again, then you call your doctor.

childofGod995
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

take her to the clinic

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM

It does sound like sinus drainage. Since you aren't sure, take her to get checked. Meanwhile something to soothe her throat- honey and lemon maybe, or sips of warm chicken broth. Please let us know what you find out?

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured