Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What's wrong with my stomach?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
So I had strep throat twice a couple months ago and took two zpacks and some amoxicillin and I started having upper left stomach upset. I went to the gastro dr cause every time I would eat I would get upper left stomach ache and nausea. They did an endoscopy and biopsies bout month ago and everything was normal didn't have any acid reflux. The only thing was I had some minimal redness and they told me it was probably irritated from the antibiotics. So then they did some blood work checked my thyroid and for celiac disease and it was normal as well. And they did an abdominal ultrasound to check my gallbladder which was also normal. So I started the garden of life ultra probiotics a month ago and it seemed like it had helped the upper left stomach pain. So then they did a gastric empty study and a stool test to check for fat and all was normal. Well the past few days I have been getting on and off nausea and queasiness but my actual stomach won't hurt. My intestines are constipated for bout two weeks now and my dr told me more fiber basically so I started today eating my fruits and vegies. Well Friday night Saturday morning Sunday afternoon and tonight as in technically last night into midnight and now I have nausea and queasiness. I ate fine today and ten before dinner I felt kinda queasy but still ate but I feel sick again I just have extreme nausea and just don't feel good. Now I took a prenancy test cause I'm on cycle day 69 and my boobs have hurt for over a week now I have fibrocystic breasts. It was negative so I know I'm not pregnant and I pretty much can't get pregnant cause my bmi is 17 I'm underweight and yes in trying my best to gain but can't with my tummy being all messed up. Anyways when I feel queasy it's an all over feeling and my chest and arms and legs feel weird kinda a ticklish feeling idk how to describe it honestly but does anyone have any idea what's going on here I don't know if this is gastro issue or something else idk what dr to go to or what to do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:37 AM

How much water are you drinking a day?  I get ticklish/tingly when dehydrated.   You can try fiber gummies as well for extra fiber.  Those have helped my guy with his stomach.  Whole grains also have fiber if you are still consuming gluten.

TTC1990
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Ya I'm getting enough water so I'm not dehydrated :/ and yes in eating gluten the I ky thing I cut out was dairy completely

Quoting frndlyfn:

How much water are you drinking a day?  I get ticklish/tingly when dehydrated.   You can try fiber gummies as well for extra fiber.  Those have helped my guy with his stomach.  Whole grains also have fiber if you are still consuming gluten.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Have you tried eating dried prunes, fresh plums or drinking the juice from those 2 fruits?  They are natural laxatives as well as fiber rich (if i am not mistaken).  Did they do a full allergy panel for all foods or just the gluten one?

TTC1990
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Well I may have my answer I think it's hormonal cause I just started my period after 69 days so my hormones musta been outta whack hopefully that won't happen again!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you tried eating dried prunes, fresh plums or drinking the juice from those 2 fruits?  They are natural laxatives as well as fiber rich (if i am not mistaken).  Did they do a full allergy panel for all foods or just the gluten one?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Oooohhhhh, I really don't know but I hope you feel better, soon.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

If you've been constipated that long you need more than just some fiber. Your system is backed up to kingdom come and that'll make you horribly sick. 

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you still taking the probiotics?

Strep throat alone can be prevented by taking probiotics. If you have an imbalance, antibiotics would only make that worse since they kill the good bacteria, as well as the bad bacteria.
Most of your immune system is in your digestive tract, so it's important to keep it balanced and healthy. Antibiotics do the opposite.

Avoid things like sugar, processed foods etc. and make sure you're drinking a lot of water. Are you taking any other supplements?

TTC1990
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Well I finally started my period this morning 70 day cycle... I'm thinking it was hormonal imbalance and I read somewhere that can cause constipation along with nausea. I'm definitely not constipated today I've gone twice without straining at all it just tmi came out pretty fast(I always get this way on my periods)

Quoting MamaSnaps:

If you've been constipated that long you need more than just some fiber. Your system is backed up to kingdom come and that'll make you horribly sick. 

TTC1990
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Well I finally started my period this morning 70 day cycle... I'm thinking it was hormonal imbalance and I read somewhere that can cause constipation along with nausea. I'm definitely not constipated today I've gone twice without straining at all it just tmi came out pretty fast(I always get this way on my periods)

Quoting Randi02:

Strep throat alone can be prevented by taking probiotics. If you have an imbalance, antibiotics would only make that worse since they kill the good bacteria, as well as the bad bacteria.
Most of your immune system is in your digestive tract, so it's important to keep it balanced and healthy. Antibiotics do the opposite.

Avoid things like sugar, processed foods etc. and make sure you're drinking a lot of water. Are you taking any other supplements?

TTC1990
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I stopped the probiotics I'm wondering if these are too harsh for me because it started giving my stomach cramps and nausea so idk I'm not sure these are the ones I have

http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Digestive-Health/Primal-Defense-ULTRA.aspx

Quoting Randi02:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)