Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you pick your kids' nap time?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 8 Replies
Do you think you can pick your kids' nap time, or is it completely up to their bodies when nap time is?

My 1 & 2 yo beautifully napped at the same time; but now the 2 yo (although she def still needs a nap) doesn't want to nap then. Am I just SOL, or can I "train" her body to still nap at that time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We let dd follow her natural rthym (sp).  What you can do for big sister is enforce a quiet time if she does not want to sleep.  That means stay on bed and she can either read a book (well look at the pictures) or quietly play with a few toys like stuffed animals or baby dolls.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You're the mom, tell her she doesn't have to sleep but she has to lie down and be quiet. You most definitely CAN decide when nap time is :)

budgie1117
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Agreed!

Quoting Lindalou907:

You're the mom, tell her she doesn't have to sleep but she has to lie down and be quiet. You most definitely CAN decide when nap time is :)

MJP76
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I always picked my kids nap times.

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I know I can (and will! Lol) tell her when to lay down, or when rest time is. I guess my question was more do you think a toddler's body can be told when to go to sleep for a nap, or is that unreasonable and just depends on their own schedule...as far as actual sleep goes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I think her body will adjust to your schedule, you will probably start to see her yawn! She may wake earlier in the morning or stay up a tiny bit later in the evening.

Quoting luvemboth:

I know I can (and will! Lol) tell her when to lay down, or when rest time is. I guess my question was more do you think a toddler's body can be told when to go to sleep for a nap, or is that unreasonable and just depends on their own schedule...as far as actual sleep goes?

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I let my children follow their natural sleep rhythm. It seems to work so far.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM

yes, you can train them. Maybe not to alter their schedule tremendously, bc they do have needs. But you can certainly shift their schedule a little earlier/later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured