Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

its fu**ing pizza...need advice be4 i go crazy

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 58 Replies
My almost 6 year old is crying and throwing a fit because we had home made pizza for supper tonight.

she likes pizza and I know she liked home made pizza because she has ate it be4. But because it looks a little different then frozen pizza she won't even try it.

I have tried sending her to her room till she decides to eat I have tried standing in the corner. Witch with both she had to go right back and eat. Nothing has worked it has been about 2 hours now and she still hasn't eat one slice of it.

I am so stressed out right now that I am sitting in the bathroom crying.

What would u do please help
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nanasue31204
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Nothing until breakfast if you don't eat at least half your dinner is the rule in my house. Kids eat when they're hungry, they won't starve themselves. My 6 year old is extremely picky and won't eat most foods but the food he does like isn't healthy so we won't make it for him every night. Since we started this new rule he's started trying some new things. Good luck, I know its frustrating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:21 PM
9 moms liked this

Why are you letting her do this to you? 
OK. She doesn't eat it. You are only escalating the temper tantrum by even acknowledging it. She's not going to starve to death because she didn't eat dinner and if she thinks she is starving she can go try her dinner. Let  her go have her tantrum all by herself.  

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd either give her a set time (say 10 min) to eat what she wants then absolutely no more food til breakfast, or leave hers at the table and if she says she's hungry later she can finish her pizza. Stay firm, there's no need for you to be stressed over this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rota
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

There is no need to stress over this. You are the mother and you decide what the child should eat. If the child decides they don't want to eat it, then fine. Let them go hungry. They are not going to starve to death because they miss a meal. You have got to be strong and teach her that what is fixed for meals is what they get. If they choose not to eat, them they go hungry until the next meal. DO NOT give her a snack or a substitute.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
No dinner then. Put it in the fridge for later. Don't stress and cry it is her issue, not yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My 4 year old would be in her room until she fell asleep and the 2 year old would be in his crib if he tried that crap. I'm sorry you feel over whelmed!

Matriarch87
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Your crying because your kid wont eat pizza?  lol, first of all-CHILL OUT....

Let her skip dinner, problem solved.  

Tell her, "If you dont eat dinner, you eat nothing at all."...

Let her make her choice and thats that.   

: )  Good luck.  

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't force her to eat, but don't offer her anything else either. If she gets hungry later, she can have some of it for a snack. She is completely manipulating you. As others have said, she won't starve to death.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this
If this upsets you now wait till she is a teenager. You gotta let stuff roll off your back and discipline her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She won't die from not eating a meal or two. We have take it or leave it at our house so.......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)