Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How young is too young?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 85 Replies

To have a baby? A friend of mine has a 15 year old daughter who is pregnant, and I just can't see her being a good mom, though it's based more off her personality and knowing her, than just her age. But what do you ladies think is too young to be a good mom?

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I was a mom at 13, got pregnant at 12. I was a good mom. I was way too young to have a child, but that didn't mean I wasn't a good mother. Most teens aren't good parents though, just because they are kids still, and too few of them actually grow up. I think if you live at home, are a minor, and/or can't fully support your child and yourself on your own, you are too young. 

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it should be based on whether or not one's married more than age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting luvemboth:

Ok, I have to ask, what does that mean? 

big.city.mama
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this
When your parents are still responsible for the emotional and financial needs of you
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM
That children should be the product of marriage, not because one is of mature enough age.

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting luvemboth:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM
6 moms liked this

That makes no real sense to me. Marriage isn't a requirement to have children, and being married, or not, has zero effect on the kind of parents people are. 

Quoting luvemboth:

That children should be the product of marriage, not because one is of mature enough age.

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting luvemboth:

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It isn't a requirement by our society, but it's how God designed it to be. Once I understood the big picture, it actually makes perfect sense.

Quoting jojo_star:

That makes no real sense to me. Marriage isn't a requirement to have children, and being married, or not, has zero effect on the kind of parents people are. 

Quoting luvemboth:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting luvemboth:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM
5 moms liked this

Well then. I don't see marriage as a requirement. I wasn't married when I had my son. Of course, I was also 13, so I couldn't have been married, but my best friend is a single mom, who had her child through a sperm bank, because she wanted a child. She's a better mother than several of the married women I know. But then, your god isn't my god, or everyone's. 

Quoting luvemboth:

It isn't a requirement by our society, but it's how God designed it to be. Once I understood the big picture, it actually makes perfect sense.

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting luvemboth:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting luvemboth:

MommyChance
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM
5 moms liked this
My friends 15 year old got pregnant. She had the baby after turning 16. Her mom confided a lot in me, told me about all the problems she had before pregnancy. she was a "party girl", had bad grades, she was incredibly selfish. I was terrified for the baby! The birth of her child was probably the best thing that ever happened to her. She completely turned her life around. Almost five years later, she is a great mom!! She makes very good life and parenting decisions. She finished high school and is now a phlebotomist. I know this isn't the norm but sometimes, a teen mom can succeed and thrive!
MommyChance
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM
6 moms liked this
I'm a single unwed mother. I provide for my son quite well. I also teach him about God and Jesus. I teach him that God loves us, not matter what, and that our relationship with God is personal. That we shouldn't push our beliefs on others, but be mindful to represent our faith in good deeds and kind acts.
I happen to believe that God designed my life for me to be a single unwed mother. I was blessed with a child when doctors told me it would be near impossible for me to conceive. I'm happier and firmer in my faith than I've ever been.

Quoting luvemboth:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting luvemboth:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting luvemboth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN