Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Share your favorite crockpot recipes with me!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

My favorite is tortilla soup.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM

i have never made anything in a crockpot..i;m not a fan on stew, chilli, soups etc...

momof6nokc
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:53 AM

2-3 pound roast, cheap cut, make sure it has some fat/marbling

carrots

red potatos

onions

garlic

celery (optional)

Put roast in crock.  Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.  Add carrots, potatos (quartered), sliced celery, quartered onions, plenty of fresh garlic cloves (I slice them).

Now here is the important part---most people use too much water and end up boiling their food in the crock pot.  You just need to add about 3/4 C to 1 Cup of water to this!  Season the vegetables with any seasonings you want---I use a bit more sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours or so.  Don't remove the lid during cooking!

**Just call me Stuart**

momof6nokc
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:56 AM
2 moms liked this

2-3 fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts, although frozen will do in a pinch.

One packet taco seasoning

One medium jar of picante sauce

Place chicken in crock.  Pour picante sauce and taco seasoning over the top.  Cook on high 3 hours or so, low for 5 hours or so. 

When it's done pull the chicken out and shred it. Return to crock pot and mix in 4 oz of sour cream (give or take, depending on taste).  Let heat back up.  Serve on tortillas with lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc. 

YUMMY, EASY and cheap :o)

**Just call me Stuart**

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My favorite is one I just discovered. I put a whole chicken (giblets removed) into the crockpot, season, and cook for about 6 hours depending on the size of the chicken.

Mom-3girls-1boy
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM
What do you season with?

Quoting Bmat:

My favorite is one I just discovered. I put a whole chicken (giblets removed) into the crockpot, season, and cook for about 6 hours depending on the size of the chicken.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I have used salt and pepper, and the last couple times I use seasoned salt, I like both.

Quoting Mom-3girls-1boy:

What do you season with?

Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)