Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Every be on bed rest during pregnancy?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

First of all I'm new to this site so hello everybody :)

I'm only 24 weeks pregnant and just got put on bed rest due to risk of preterm labor.

Has anybody else been on bedrest? What did you do to keep yourself from going insane? It has been 2 days and I'm already bored out of my mind missing work :(

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yes, I watched a lot of TV..lol

RyansMommie07
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

i downloaded tons of books to my kindle. spent alot of time online, and finished a few classes early (im doind my bachelors degree online) it sucked. they took me out of work at 21 weeks and put me on bedrest before we had enough saved up for me to go out. it was a hard few months bills-wise :(

newwifenmom
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I was on BR towards the end of my pregnancy(32wks), I watched lots of TV, stayed on CM, read, etc. Its not easy but its doable.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I read voraciously. Computer, movies, draw (luckily I am an artist so...) scrapbooking... 

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I wasn't on bedrest, but was on limited activity.  I spent a lot of time reading books, watching movies and crafting.

Zazayam
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Hi and welcome :)

I was with this last pregnancy. Honestly I did a terrible job of it. Life did everything it could to not allow me to stay on bedrest, and I am SO thankful I made it out ok and had a healthy baby (almost three weeks late at that).

It's really really worth it to stick to it, as boring as it is lol. Cafemom is a great time killer!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM

TV, activity books, computer games, puzzles, learn a new hobby that does not require strenuous movement, have someone pile the laundry next to you to fold, etc.

cafay
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I did word search puzzles,crossword puzzles,organized photo albums,watched movies, and I started a journal for my son which I continue to this day. It's not easy,but it will be worth it.Good luck, Momma and welcome too!

Athira
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Ys ,I read (using internet and Library) a lot and done online shoping for baby.

of course watched a lot of tv also...

daisybaby91
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Thanks everybody!

I'm just such a busybody its hard for me to just stay home I want to go out and do things and go to work! It is hard for me not to go to work my boss and coworkers have been some of my biggest supporters so far during my pregnancy and I already miss them!

Baby's daddy doesn't live with me but he's been over to rub my back and cook me food when he has time but he's usually pretty busy trying to find a better job, I live with my mom and she is always at work so most of the time I dont have anybody to keep me company except for my doggy and I have never been more greatful for him in my entire life!

Anybody have any good book suggestions or movies or shows on netflix that I should watch? Netflix is the best spent 8 bucks a month EVER!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN