Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Section or not????????????? What are your thoughts??!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 67 Replies

So I have pushed out 2 almost 10lb babies! I dont know what this one is going to be... She is due July 16th! Ok so everyone knows I dont want to have a c-section because of being lazy or not wanting to push, I want to have it so I can get my tubes tied right away!!!! After my first daughter I couldnt get it dont because 1 I had a major allergic reaction the the birth control I was put on, 2 I got a skin infection called foliculitouse!! OK OK so here came our 2nd daughter, I was schedualed to have my tubes tied 7 weeks after having her my OB insisted that I try this other birth control she says "if you have an allergic reaction to this then it has to be the fake estrogen, but I dont see it happening" I say ok Ill try it..... Well I had an allergic reaction that turned into a major skin rash, that then got infected and turned into a bacterial infection, needless to say yup couldnt get my tubes tied! So now here comes our 3rd lil baby girl! We are so excited and happy to have her, but in today economy, all the crazyness that is happening in our world we dont want to chance having a 4th!!!!!!! I talked to my doctor at my last visit and she said oh you push out 2 very large babies they will not let you do a volentary c-section! I tried to fight her answer but she had a response to every statement I made! Now I know people that from the door got a c-section no questions asked! I want it cause I know I cant take birth control, Im allergic to condoms, (after babies) my skin is a reck and sensitive!!!!!!!!! Its not fair, to me, my daughters that I have to be able to take care of now, or my out numbered husband LOL!! What do they want us to do just keep popin them out, live off the state....... ETC!! Im tring to be resposible! I know after this one 6 or 7 weeks down the road my skin is gunna go crazy and for some reason I wont be able to get it done! What are my husband and I supose to stop being intimate because my Doctor only wants money and visits!!! 1st mt check up 2nd consutation 3rd pre op visit 4th surgery (IF MY SKIN IS OK) then I need a ride a baby sitter for 3 kids 2.5yr old 1yr old and gunna be newborn!! Yeah right who is gunna do that!!! Sorry so long but what are your thoughts???? HOw can I talk to my Doc and make her realize I need this done! I was thinking even the day I push the baby or day after they can do it! What cha think???

in lovestorkbaby girltoddler girl

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM
5 moms liked this
First that was really hard to read. Spelling and sentence structure are your friends.

I personally would not have a unnecessary c section. I dont think putting my life and my childs life in danger for a stupid reason is very smart. Why can't they just do the tubal while you're in the hospital? Thats how everyone I know who has had one did it. The day after giviing birth.

Or why can't your hubby get a vasectomy?
aimesnyc
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, why can't hubby have a Vasectomy?  Much less risk for him.

p.s.  I had an unplanned c-section, and it's not fun.  I would have much rather given vaginal birth then have had to deal with healing from a c-section while taking care of a newborn.

Quoting justinnaimee:

First that was really hard to read. Spelling and sentence structure are your friends.

I personally would not have a unnecessary c section. I dont think putting my life and my childs life in danger for a stupid reason is very smart. Why can't they just do the tubal while you're in the hospital? Thats how everyone I know who has had one did it. The day after giviing birth.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Knowing your issues with bc, your hubby should have scheduled a vasectomy when you said for sure thus was the last one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I've had 2 c-sections and I would absolutely NEVER recommend someone get one that isn't needed.

ETA: I agree with the other ladies...a vasectomy would be easier for your husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3girlskdpreno
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I think I am gunna have to push the issue with my hubby! He is so scared of doctors! I dont know why But really he is LOL!  I asked my doctor about the day after that what i wrote at the end in my statement/question. By the way sorry hard for  you to read.  But she said thats not their procedure.  I fell its just to get more appointments out of me and more money! 

Quoting justinnaimee:

Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do you need to have a c-section to have your tubes tied?

I had DD2mos vaginally & the next day I got my tubal ligation. It was just a small incision near my belly button.

DH offered to get a vasectomy but it made more sense since I would already be in the hospital, our insurance would fully cover it & I'm already a SAHM.
Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I just read your reply before mine, sorry.

I would push the issue with my doctor if I were you. Waiting 6-7weeks sounds silly unless she has some medical reason why you cannot do it right away. If you have an issue with your skin & hormones either way, why not get it all out of the way immediatelt instead of waiting & causing problems again.
Also, some insurances want a specific number of days notice or they won't cover the procedure.
I wouldn't take a simple "no" for an answer. Ask her if there is another physician she can recommend who will do the procedure during your hospital stay.
3girlskdpreno
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I asked my doctor that and she said its not their Procedure! I have 2 wait til after my 6 week check up then do consultation and then pre-op visit and then the operation! Which sucks because then Id need a ride and a sitter for my 2.5 year old my 1 year old and a new born!! Or my husband will have to miss a day of work which I dont think is right! The doc s and the hosp isnt going to be paying for all the agravation, gas, parking, missed work!! UGGG frustrating! Thats why im asking how do I put it to my doc to have it done the day after or C section! IDK im just really flustered!

Quoting Mommyof5247: 

Why do you need to have a c-section to have your tubes tied?

I had DD2mos vaginally & the next day I got my tubal ligation. It was just a small incision near my belly button.

DH offered to get a vasectomy but it made more sense since I would already be in the hospital, our insurance would fully cover it & I'm already a SAHM.

3girlskdpreno
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Thank You that is how I feel it isnt right and If I wait then I know there will be complications so it makes no sence to me!!! That is why I was asking for ways to talk to my Doc! and yeah asking for another doc sounds like a good idea cause I dont want the whole csection but that is how she is making it sound like I gotta do but wont do that unless its needed! just big run around!!!!!

Quoting Mommyof5247:

I just read your reply before mine, sorry.

I would push the issue with my doctor if I were you. Waiting 6-7weeks sounds silly unless she has some medical reason why you cannot do it right away. If you have an issue with your skin & hormones either way, why not get it all out of the way immediatelt instead of waiting & causing problems again.
Also, some insurances want a specific number of days notice or they won't cover the procedure.
I wouldn't take a simple "no" for an answer. Ask her if there is another physician she can recommend who will do the procedure during your hospital stay.

JMmama
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I would find a new doctor who was more willing to listen me. A c-section just to get your tubes tied is absurd.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured