Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

C-Section or not????????????? What are your thoughts??!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have pushed out 2 almost 10lb babies! I dont know what this one is going to be... She is due July 16th! Ok so everyone knows I dont want to have a c-section because of being lazy or not wanting to push, I want to have it so I can get my tubes tied right away!!!! After my first daughter I couldnt get it dont because 1 I had a major allergic reaction the the birth control I was put on, 2 I got a skin infection called foliculitouse!! OK OK so here came our 2nd daughter, I was schedualed to have my tubes tied 7 weeks after having her my OB insisted that I try this other birth control she says "if you have an allergic reaction to this then it has to be the fake estrogen, but I dont see it happening" I say ok Ill try it..... Well I had an allergic reaction that turned into a major skin rash, that then got infected and turned into a bacterial infection, needless to say yup couldnt get my tubes tied! So now here comes our 3rd lil baby girl! We are so excited and happy to have her, but in today economy, all the crazyness that is happening in our world we dont want to chance having a 4th!!!!!!! I talked to my doctor at my last visit and she said oh you push out 2 very large babies they will not let you do a volentary c-section! I tried to fight her answer but she had a response to every statement I made! Now I know people that from the door got a c-section no questions asked! I want it cause I know I cant take birth control, Im allergic to condoms, (after babies) my skin is a reck and sensitive!!!!!!!!! Its not fair, to me, my daughters that I have to be able to take care of now, or my out numbered husband LOL!! What do they want us to do just keep popin them out, live off the state....... ETC!! Im tring to be resposible! I know after this one 6 or 7 weeks down the road my skin is gunna go crazy and for some reason I wont be able to get it done! What are my husband and I supose to stop being intimate because my Doctor only wants money and visits!!! 1st mt check up 2nd consutation 3rd pre op visit 4th surgery (IF MY SKIN IS OK) then I need a ride a baby sitter for 3 kids 2.5yr old 1yr old and gunna be newborn!! Yeah right who is gunna do that!!! Sorry so long but what are your thoughts???? HOw can I talk to my Doc and make her realize I need this done! I was thinking even the day I push the baby or day after they can do it! What cha think???

in lovestorkbaby girltoddler girl

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Replies (61-67):
emilyelephant
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Whoops, I forget that they're different, I've never had an IUD.

Quoting jackiewal10:

The Mirena IS hormonal BC.  The Paraguard is non-hormonal. 

Quoting emilyelephant:

They aren't trying to get more money from you, csections can be dangerous. If you have these skin problems after giving birth, have you considered that having an operation will cause your recovery time to slow drastically and possibly be very painful for several weeks?

The mirena is non hormonal birth control. If you're set on getting your tubes tied, you should probably wait out the skin problems and abstain from sex. Personally, I would tell SO that if he wants to ever have sex again, he'd better get a vasectomy. I would never have an unnecessary major surgery.

hopeym23
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Have your husband get fixed.

woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

You can have your tubes tied without having a C-section.  c-section is major surgery.  No one should have one if they dont really need one.  I agree with your doctor on this one.

SRUsarahSC
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Doctors won't do a medically unnecessary c section. Insurances won't pay for it, so unless you had one prior, you don't get a choice. Make your damn husband get snipped, it's much easier to fix a man than a woman!

yperez0209
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I know of women that have elective c-sections for various reasons that are more convenience than anything else, don't understand her reasoning behind denying you the surgery. Having large babies is one reason they would want you to have a section. 

About tieing your tubes, personally i wouldn't suggest it. I know it's your body and ultimately your decision but it's permanent and I know so many that have done it and had reversals to than struggle not being able to conceive. 

I have to suggest one alternative to the tubal and artificial birth control. Have you tried natural family planning. It's free, it does not post any health risks, no hormones or devices. There are different methods of tracking your cycle, you just abstain from sex for a few days during fertile times. It's just as effective as anything else that's out there and if you ever change your mind, you can use the same method to conceive. 

At the end of the day I wish you the best with your delivery and new baby no matter what you choose. I do think your ob is close minded and should listen to your request, I may not agree with the reasoning behind it but that's a different topic. Your ob should not deny you a section if you are asking for one. 

tina08mommy
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I wouldnt do a c-section to just to have your tubes tied is crazy. I woulld ask them to do it when your still in the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni_Lynne71
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I have had 3 emergency csections and I would recommend seeing another Dr. Csection's are considered a MAJOR surgery and is painful. You shouldn't have a csection just to have ur tubes tied. They can do it in the hospital the day after and most Drs are willing to do it. I would get a second opinion. It is YOUR body..not hers and I think it is ridiculous she is making u wait 6wks after. Good luck! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)