Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Kid safe websites.....

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
Does anyone know of any good kid safe websites. I'm looking around for both educational and just for fun. I have Disney, nickjr, PBS, sprout, and a few others but my kids are wanting something different. Guess we have had those awhile and they want something different.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Starfall.com
JMmama
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
On commonsensemedia.org you can plug in your child's age and a variety of other details and it will give you suggested websites. They review websites, movies, TV shows, and apps for educational value, age appropriateness, themes, etc. Its a pretty comprehensive website. I have found a lot of cool sites through them.
baileyquarters
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I like my kids to use a tablet. I gave them an ipad to share. They don't have to access the actual internet, and there are tons of apps that are free to download. I can set parental controls and I don't have to worry about scary internet stuff. Its really safe. I also have things like Nick.Jr, Sprout, and PBS kids apps on there plus many many more.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Coolmath.com
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Just for fun Zoobles.com , Hubworld has quite a few games, AGkidzone.com  etc.    Depending on their age you can dl a kid friendly app called Zoodles which will show all the games for that age.

teachermom9598
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM

readingeggs.com you can sign up for a 30 day trial, smartyants.com. , abcya.com, funbrain.com

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM

family.ca (that's kind of the canadian version of your guys' disney...)

coolmath-games.com

starfall.com

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM

The ladies above have listed all the sites I would have suggested.

Femommy
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Thank you everyone. I'll have to sit down and look through these. If anyone is interested I found a site called cookie. Very interesting and fun for my daughter. Lots of learning games.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM

We love starfall!

We like the others you listed too.

Also schoolzone has disk and book combo packs that we bought and downloaded to the comp that we enjoy.   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN