Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Excercise needs!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone, hope life is good for all:) I am in the first week of my 2nd trimester and am already overweight(Pre concieving) , Since am just about ove rthe nausea, i staredt excercising, and was wondering how much should i burn?, I did 100 cal on athe cross trainer,a nd was tired, I dont think tahts a great score, am arnd 175 pounds, at 5 feet 3 inches, whichmakes me worry more.Please share all your excercise routines with me:)

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM

i think you should just do what you feel comfortable doing...without overdoing it, obviously!! i never worked out at all while i was pregnant..except for walking..but thats cuz i didnt drive..LOL

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:42 AM
This.

Don't shoot for numbers or you'll be disappointed.

There's no need to lose now, it won't improve dramatically now that you're preg.

Good for you for wanting to be active though.

Quoting alexis_06:

i think you should just do what you feel comfortable doing...without overdoing it, obviously!! i never worked out at all while i was pregnant..except for walking..but thats cuz i didnt drive..LOL

zboys
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I like walking.  You could take a yoga class. 

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Welcome! Have you talked to your doctor about how many calories you need daily? You should be able to figure it out from there. Good luck and congratulations!

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Definitely talk to your doctor. I think at this point, it's more important to eat very healthy and walk a lot than it is to exercise too much.

You won't want to lose weight now, but you can prevent yourself from gaining too much and help yourself out afterwards if you start eating healthy now. Cut out processed foods and eat more fresh, whole foods. Good luck and Congrats on the pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)