Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower Registry Question

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 12 Replies

If any of you were registering again what would you register for? What were necessities you didn't think to register for before your shower? We are blessed and have (what a first time mom thinks....) is the necessary items (crib, cradle, diapers galore, clothes, ect...) but what were things you either didn't think of the first time around or fun things you would add?

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmbinRiggs
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Boppy, diaper caddy, vibrating bouncer

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM

i have no idea, because i would never register for a baby shower..

WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Why would you never register for a baby shower?

Quoting alexis_06:

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

lol, cuz i dont have any friends to invite

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Why would you never register for a baby shower?

Quoting alexis_06:

TattedReader
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM
not sure, I got too much crap I didn't use lol but ones things for sure: do a diaper raffle!! If you're breastfeeding well that's like a whole other registry. A baby bullet! might not get used for a couple months but its great to have one! baby laundry detergent to wash all those adorable outfits you get before you bring baby home..hmmm.. I'm sure I'd think of more..
Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Diaper pail &  wipe warmer. I never had a shower for either of the kids but those are the thing we didn't think of until after they were born.

sissy502
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Quoting AScaredMomma:

If any of you were registering again what would you register for? What were necessities you didn't think to register for before your shower? We are blessed and have (what a first time mom thinks....) is the necessary items (crib, cradle, diapers galore, clothes, ect...) but what were things you either didn't think of the first time around or fun things you would add?

I'd register for things like a walker, booster seat, potty chair, baby gates, play yards, first aid kit. Stuff the child can use once he or she is over the age of 12 months. (oh, except for crib sheets, you can never have to many of those)

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Large 40/40 swaddle blankets, sling/wrap, soft soled shoes...

I really never register for much! Babies don't really need a whole lot... So much is just preference.
NocturnesAngel
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Be sure that you have enough Car Seats, Bassinets, Cradles, Cribs,Thermometer, Pack In Go Playpens  for Your House and Wherever you are going to take your Baby to be Babysat, etc.

Example:

If you have 2 Cars and Grandma will be babysitting and doesn't have a Car Seat or a Playpen or a Crib, etc. but your baby will be there a lot you might want to add these items to Your Baby Registry.

Nanny Cam, White Noise Maker, baby scale, baby mobile wall or ceiling projector, Onesies (all sizes), socks, wipes, q-tips, blankets (if you know the sex of the baby or the colors you want then specify colors, if not, then any colors I assume would be fine because you could exchange them later), Diaper Genie, A&D Ointment, Digital Thermometer, Baby Food, baby swing, baby walker, baby monitor, decals for the room, baby diaper bags, toddler bed, chest of drawers, baby teething rings/gum soothers, Orajel, Anbesol, Baby Wash (If you prefer a Specific Brand be sure to post it), Baby Lotion(If you prefer a Specific Brand, be sure to post it), Neti-Pot, Ear & Nose Ball Suctions, Baby washcloths, Umbrella Stroller, Regular Stroller, Highchair, baby fingernail clippers, baby hair brush, Baby Brag Book, Baby Swing, Baby Bottle, Baby Bottle Sterilizer, Baby Bottle Cleaning Brushes, Pacifiers

AScaredMomma
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome list thank you!

Quoting NocturnesAngel:

Be sure that you have enough Car Seats, Bassinets, Cradles, Cribs,Thermometer, Pack In Go Playpens  for Your House and Wherever you are going to take your Baby to be Babysat, etc.

Example:

If you have 2 Cars and Grandma will be babysitting and doesn't have a Car Seat or a Playpen or a Crib, etc. but your baby will be there a lot you might want to add these items to Your Baby Registry.

Nanny Cam, White Noise Maker, baby scale, baby mobile wall or ceiling projector, Onesies (all sizes), socks, wipes, q-tips, blankets (if you know the sex of the baby or the colors you want then specify colors, if not, then any colors I assume would be fine because you could exchange them later), Diaper Genie, A&D Ointment, Digital Thermometer, Baby Food, baby swing, baby walker, baby monitor, decals for the room, baby diaper bags, toddler bed, chest of drawers, baby teething rings/gum soothers, Orajel, Anbesol, Baby Wash (If you prefer a Specific Brand be sure to post it), Baby Lotion(If you prefer a Specific Brand, be sure to post it), Neti-Pot, Ear & Nose Ball Suctions, Baby washcloths, Umbrella Stroller, Regular Stroller, Highchair, baby fingernail clippers, baby hair brush, Baby Brag Book, Baby Swing, Baby Bottle, Baby Bottle Sterilizer, Baby Bottle Cleaning Brushes, Pacifiers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured