Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stop Bullying My Children!! (Advice)

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 29 Replies

My DH and I moved into a new neighbor late last year. Another mom quickly reached out to me and my children. Within the first few conversations she stated that her son has ADD. I've been fielding complaints from my children recently about her son's behavior and trying to make time to talk to her. Yesterday she decided to come talk to me. 

I explained how my oldest ds said that her son had been bullying him. (little things so far...) I also told her about her son's foul language and aggressive behavior. She explained everything away with the ADD diagnosis and insinuated that my children must be doing more to aggravate the situation. (I know my children aren't 100% innocent...)

We agreed to talk to our children separately and address the situation. When I sat with my children, my youngest who is 8 said her son, who is 13, threatened to punch him in the face. Obviously her style of parenting isn't working with her son! I realize at this point he has only threatened violence but it is just a matter of time until he acts! So... what would you do if a 13 year old punched your 8 year old in the face?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Was there a question? How old are the kids? Is it going on at school? Home?
MentorMom1
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Ya gotta write something in your post, sweetheart. 

v_reid05
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Sorry... first time posting on CafeMom! 

Kitschy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Where is this happening? 

v_reid05
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM

He's bullying my oldest at the bus stop and on the school bus and the two younger children right here in the neighborhood! As much as I would like to think I can watch them all the time... it's impossible.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM

why not stop playing with him ?

Kitschy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Tell the school about the bus and tell the kids not to be around him in the neighborhood anymore.

Quoting v_reid05:

He's bullying my oldest at the bus stop and on the school bus and the two younger children right here in the neighborhood! As much as I would like to think I can watch them all the time... it's impossible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
3 moms liked this

ADD is not an excuse to cuss and bully other kids.  This type behavior from parents pisses me off.  This mother is the type to make excuses till the end of the earth.  I would keep my kids from playing with this kid.  8 year olds don't need to be around 13 year olds anyway unless they can play nicely together. 

One place we lived our dd's were 5/6 and 8/9.  Our dd's were at the neighbors playing some with their girls who were 2/3 and 4/5. My oldest always played nicely and helped out with the youngest if need be.  Everyone got along great. 

momto3B
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I would sit down and meet with the mom and both your kids together to discuss the situation. We do that in our neighborhood to make sure that the kids know that the mom's are a united front. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momto3B:

I would sit down and meet with the mom and both your kids together to discuss the situation. We do that in our neighborhood to make sure that the kids know that the mom's are a united front. 

Sounds like this Mom is not united, just excuse ridden. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)