Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need advise for potty training

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have 2 and half year old he scare of the potty.

i buy diferent pottys with music, cars etc.

I being make him wear underwear with different caracters cars, toy movie, thoman the train and tell him if he urinate on them they will be sad. He dosen't care.

Offerent rewards if he use the potty or let me know the he needs to go.

Once he seat on the potty he cries like he's scare I stay with him all time I dosen''t work eather.

While he was wearing undewear he urinate in the kitchen I didnt saw the urine on the floor I was to get a bottle for my other baby in that time 3 months old I slip and felt hit my elbols my head and my leg againts the refrigerator imagine if I was caring my baby in that moment. Jaaaa I ended look like after kikboxing bruses that day. So I decide to go back on his diapers until figure what to do. I guess having a baby is a lot for him because he wants to have a bottle too like the baby.

If you have good advise o trick please let me know If you going to point or critize please dont waste my time.

Thank You

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mymanben
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Luickly my kid was easy with pee'ing, in fact he asked me to use the potty at 18 months and did it ever since. However he has problems with bowel movements. I've found having him clean himself helps a lot, also having him sit on the potty ever 45 or 60 minutes and read a short story.
mymanben
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Look up the potty dance dvd online. Its awesome.
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Wait. He has a new brother that will be a set back. Also, boys often do not potty train until 3. Buy books about the potty. And let him see you & daddy using the toilet. When in a couple months try again.

Try a seat that you put on the big potty with a step stool. My DS wouldn't pee into the baby ones because he thought they were toys.

I also used the cool huggies pull ups that give the cold sensation when he pees.

Good luck. My DS potty trained right after his 3rd birthday. His sister was about 6 months old by then.
moskys
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:35 AM

thank you I will buy some cold training diapers today I haven't pay attention to those at the store.  Great it will make him uncontable and may go to the potty. I forgot to mention couple times my son being sticking his hand when he poo he he come to me. Momy I did it. LOL just imagine his hands full of poo and some drops on the floor. Ukkk, But is way bigger I just wash, or bath depends of the mess and keep explaining to him how nice is to pee or poo in the potty.

Thank You again Cold diapers

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I would say he is not ready. Put everything away. The potty the underwear, etc. Let him ask about it and tell him he can use it all when he is bigger. He will get curious. It may help! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)