Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurting my heart

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

My 4 year old son came home with dark purple bruises about two inches long on his arm and complaining that his ear hurt when I asked him why he was terrified and did not answer. When my husband arrived home he asked him what happened and where he got the bruises from and he cried and said his teacher beats him with a pointing stick when he doesn't listen and that she also yanks his ears. He begged not to go back to school. I would never send him back there. I'm just so lost how could this happen?! Why would she do these things to my child?! The look on his face as if what happened was his fault is stuck in my head and it is eating me alive. I feel so guilty! How could I not know this was going on?!

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hugs! The first thing I would do is contact the principal. This teacher needs to be reprimanded. You didn't do anything wrong!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM

WHOA!

Is this preK or elem or what?

I would be taking some pictures and showing up with questions. Not all nutty, - well, it would stay calm as long as my questions were answered lol.

Gl mama. Crazy.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Take pictures and immediately contact the principal. Depending on the principals response, I would then take the next step.

I am so sorry your little one has been hurt. Good luck with everything.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM

His teacher needs to not be teaching if a 4 year old upsets her that much. I am a tough preschool teacher with very set expectaions, but not in that way at all. Things like once you do what is asked you can join us for the activity (like picking up toys or using the potty).  She is belittling him in order to gain control because she likely has no classroom management skills. I would file a report on her if it was my child. 

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Documentation is important because it is the word of a child over an adult. Also write what he said word for word in his own natural speach. Do not paraphrase in any way.

I have a student no that says our school is her nice school and she did not like her mean school. It makes my heart hurt because I am tough and can only imagine what she went through. This is a very strong willed child that will not let anything die. She will fight against you till the very end (45 min) until she finally realizes that I can limit her activity. She says this after these 45 min battle of wills where she refuses to tell me why I had to place her in time out. She knows she is safe even if she has been placed on restriction. I feel for you mom. 

Quoting AM-BRAT:

WHOA!

Is this preK or elem or what?

I would be taking some pictures and showing up with questions. Not all nutty, - well, it would stay calm as long as my questions were answered lol.

Gl mama. Crazy.

MomofH3
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I took him to the hospital and pressed charges he also says she beats all the children with the pointer sad thing is there are two teachers in this class there is no way the other teacher doesn't know of this. He is so badly bruised the doctor says it can take 14 days for the bruises to fade.

amanda80111
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:14 AM

wow that is great u pressed changes but that is so sad that ur son was getting hurt by those teachers

mama-sita
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Press charges on both teachers and the principal first.  Second, where is this school so I can go whoop some ass with my own damn stick!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured