Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Park Birthday?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my youngest son is turning one On June 18th. I am considering throwing him a park birthday but unsure of the idea. Have any of you ladies threw a park bithday party? how did it go? What kind of food did u have for the guests & babies? Please help!

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nanasue31204
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM
We did a combined 1st and 4th bday party for my DD and DS last year. We brought our grill and had Hamburgers and hot dogs, pasta salad and chips. I made an awesome army guy invading a garden cake and just invited family and a few close friends. Kids played on the playground and parents chatted. We had a blast and are considering doing another one for my 6 yr old this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM
We do one every summer!. We don't do food. Just cake and snacks, like chips , fruit and veggies.

The kids play on playground or we have rented bounce houses as well
cooper2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Sounds like so much fun! did u not have a theme then? yeah i think im going to keep mine small as well. I'm just afraid about the weather, there's no telling  if it's going to rain that day or not. I'm really hoping that it doesnt.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Look around for a park that has a covered area like a pavilion that way if it does rain, you can still enjoy the party.  I have yet to throw a park party but have been to a few.  Usually no specific theme except on cake and napkins.  Everyone usually just plays on the equipment and occasionally there is a pinata for all the older children.  At a year old, the party is more for the parents and to get 1st bday pictures.   DD did not have a 1st bday party. My mom had professional pictures taken instead.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Quoting cooper2012:

Sounds like so much fun! did u not have a theme then? yeah i think im going to keep mine small as well. I'm just afraid about the weather, there's no telling  if it's going to rain that day or not. I'm really hoping that it doesnt.

Have a rain date on the invite. Does your park have a pavilion ? if so get cute printed napkins, plates and solid color matching paper or plastic table clothes. Tie balloons to chair for festive look. An easy meal is buy french bread and cold cuts make big Sub Sandwiches( ham & cheese, Turkey, roast beef) and cut into 2in slices. serve with chips & pickles and condiments. Bring a cooler of bottled water, sodas and juice boxes. Cake and call it a day.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I would love to have a park party.  My kids are born in the spring and the fall though and our weather is WAY too unpredictable during those times. :/  I think it's a good idea.  You might need to contact your park district or the city hall first because sometimes you need a permit for such things.  Not always, but better to make sure than to have a cop come and tell you that you need to leave.  I would do like, pre-made sandwiches on croissants with chips or potato/pasta salad.  BBQ type sides.

cooper2012
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

A rain date on the invite sounds like an excellent idea, i hadnt even thought of that. I will for sure do that, Thank you so much! you've been very helpful in my planning.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

We went to an awesome park birthday party. The best part was the water area. They filled up a baby pool with water and had ducks and and buckets for little ones to wade in. It was great on that hot day. 

MJP76
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I have but it was for 12 year olds. We rented a shelter in the park, we did hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks, and cake. It was fine. It was fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN