Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's almost 21, how do i kick him out? He won't go.

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 59 Replies

I'm asking this for an older friend. She has a son almost 21. He, his 20 yr old girlfriend and their 2 yr old daughter live with her and her new husband. The boy got alot of money when his dad died. Spent it all in a year. Parents try and try to teach responsibility and have gotten him jobs, but he always quits. They have no where to go and REFUSE to leave, so there for they refuse to be kicked out. The girlfriends mom and all other family are drug useres. Meth. Thats why she came to live with them when she got pregnant. They have pawned everything that they have and some of his mom's stuff, they steal money from her and they will not leave. She feels sorry for her grandbaby, but something has to give. She feels the only way to get them out is to get the police invovled and make a huge siene. Any advice on how she can get them to leave without the police and what about the baby?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SRUsarahSC
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

In my state SC--you have to go through the courts to evict them, like you would a tenant.  

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

My only advice is to get the police and CPS involved...

Honestly , when he pawned her items she should have called the police on him than.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I would have her contact a lawyer probably in the family law specialty to see how to go about this as calmly as possible.  Are the young parents drug users or just lazy?

nana333993
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I see, thank you. She just doesn't know where they would live

nana333993
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I know, but she says it was just small stuff. Cheap computer and dvd

leanntx
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM
She needs to contact a lawyer. At the least, they can give her advice. Honestly though, I can't think of a way that she can make them leave without causing some kind of scene.
nana333993
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM

The mom and husband don't have much money either. And they don't do drugs or drink. I think they are good, but worry about the baby

nana333993
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Thank you. Thats what it sounds like to me too

AScaredMomma
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Easy. " son i love you but in a mpnth you have to moved out" help them move their stuff and done. Stick to your guns.
nana333993
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM

But where will they live?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured