Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

It Works! Wraps... Anyone tried them? Did they work? All the pictures look so impressive

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ive been looking into getting these body wraps by It Works! and apparently they work wonders.  After looking at all the results from other people I must say that Im convinced they work.. But before buying them I would love to know if any of you moms have used them yourselves or know anyone personally who has used them, what did you/they think? 

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM

What results are you looking for?

If you're overweight, they are not going to do anything for you.

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM
You can do some DIY wraps for less but really the results done last. So I would do one if I was going to and event like a wedding and wanted to take an inch off for the night. It's water weight it will come back.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM

It's not a permanent thing. It maybe lasts a day or two.

One of my sisters sells them, and most people buy them to use before weddings etc. when they want to lose some of that 'bloat' to look good in a dress.

Quoting metalmommy666:

Im not overweight at all i just had a baby 10 months ago and i still have the baby belly... losing weight isnt what i want to do, i just want to tighten up my stomach like the wraps are supposed to do

metalmommy666
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Im not overweight I had a baby 10 months ago and still have the baby belly,  i dont want to lose weight my weight is perfectly fine, i just want to tighten up my stomach

Quoting Randi02:

What results are you looking for?

If you're overweight, they are not going to do anything for you.

tabby1979
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM

did nothing for me

metalmommy666
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM

oh good to know thanks... are you sure it doesnt last at all?  even if you exercize and eat healthy

Quoting Randi02:

One of my sisters sells them, and most people buy them to use before weddings etc. when they want to lose some of that 'bloat' to look good in a dress.

Quoting metalmommy666:

Im not overweight at all i just had a baby 10 months ago and i still have the baby belly... losing weight isnt what i want to do, i just want to tighten up my stomach like the wraps are supposed to do

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM

If you're talking about loose skin, it won't last. There isn't much you can do about stretchmarks etc. other than surgery.

Do you have any coconut oil? That can help with your skin a bit. I use coconut or pomegranate oil. My 4th is 3 months old, and my tummy is back to normal now. I moisturize in the morning, after every shower or bath, and before bed.

Quoting metalmommy666:

oh good to know thanks... are you sure it doesnt last at all?  even if you exercize and eat healthy

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting metalmommy666:

metalmommy666
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM

ive been reading lots of reviews about it and there are mixed feelings, but most people say it was worth it even if the results werent amazing.  im going to try it, i guess you can never know until you try right!    i have heard about the coconut oil helping with weight loss but never rubbing it on your belly to smooth out the skin. does that really work? how long do you leave it on for?

Quoting Randi02:

If you're talking about loose skin, it won't last. There isn't much you can do about stretchmarks etc. other than surgery.

Do you have any coconut oil? That can help with your skin a bit. I use coconut or pomegranate oil. My 4th is 3 months old, and my tummy is back to normal now. I moisturize in the morning, after every shower or bath, and before bed.

Quoting metalmommy666:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting metalmommy666:

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

It's a very good moisturizer. You just rub it in, it's not really greasy and there is no need to wash it off etc. it will come off when you have a shower next.

Quoting metalmommy666:

ive been reading lots of reviews about it and there are mixed feelings, but most people say it was worth it even if the results werent amazing.  im going to try it, i guess you can never know until you try right!    i have heard about the coconut oil helping with weight loss but never rubbing it on your belly to smooth out the skin. does that really work? how long do you leave it on for?

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting metalmommy666:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting metalmommy666:

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting metalmommy666:

Quoting Randi02:

Quoting metalmommy666:

I have a question about coconut oil.  I bought 2 different kinds, one in a jar and one in a bottle.  I was surprised to find they are both solid.  It's hard to get them out.  I don't get how an oil can be so solid.  Is yours this way?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)