Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Eating her bed!!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 15 Replies
My one year old has started chewing on her crib!! Anybody else have this trouble? How did you stop it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My kid started gnawing on her crib too. Unfortunately it was the foot board and not the rails. The rails had a plastic cover, the foot board did not.  I ended up taping a towel to the foot board.  

twyliatepeka
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I did that as a baby. My granny's bed had evidence on her head board. As far as I k ow I just grew out of it.
AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I thought all babies did that? lol
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Most babies will go through this.  You tell her know and redirect her to a teething toy or something else instead.   What kind of crib is it?

ali840
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:22 PM
That's a good idea, I'll have to try that. Thanks!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

My kid started gnawing on her crib too. Unfortunately it was the foot board and not the rails. The rails had a plastic cover, the foot board did not.  I ended up taping a towel to the foot board.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
face84
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM

is she teething ?

ali840
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm not in there when she's doing it. She must do it in the morning before she fusses. I go in as soon as I hear her. I won't put a toy in bed with her, bed is for sleeping, not playing, sorry. It's a new style crib that also turns into a double bed.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Most babies will go through this.  You tell her know and redirect her to a teething toy or something else instead.   What kind of crib is it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ali840
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Yes

Quoting face84:

is she teething ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Perhaps wrap a towel around the affected areas like someone suggested.  I asked what style so i could think how to help prevent it.  So as she gets older she will not be allowed to have a lovey with her in bed? I think playing in bed at times can be acceptable especially if a child awakens and is not able to fall right back to sleep.  A teething toy is not a toy per se but something small and hand held for the baby/child to chew on.

Quoting ali840:

I'm not in there when she's doing it. She must do it in the morning before she fusses. I go in as soon as I hear her. I won't put a toy in bed with her, bed is for sleeping, not playing, sorry. It's a new style crib that also turns into a double bed.

Quoting frndlyfn:

ApathyAngel
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Mine did that for a few months.  It stopped immediately after I let her start sleeping with her favorite stuffed frog.  Now, when she wakes up, she'll talk to him instead of chewing on her crib.  Also, since she makes more noise while talking, I hear her sooner and go get her earlier.  Less boredom for her that way.  Hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)