Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Did you use Oragel on your baby for teething?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you use Baby Oragel? Tell me your experience please.

Options:

Yes, no problems

Yes, baby had a bad reaction

No, never used it

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

The FDA issued a warning about it some time ago http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20110505/fda-warns-about-teething-medication  I used it once with my baby and it's the only thing that helped his teething. I feel badly using it with this warning and I haven't used it since. He is going crazy with the pain though! I've done Hyland's tablets, gel, chamomile, calc carb, amber beads... ect.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Moe1521
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM
My DD never had a problem....... didn't know there was a warning though....
aidyns_mommy
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Once, ds hatted it and it made it worse anyway, but never will again after reading about it years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Nope.    It made her more upset so we did the gentle naturals teething drops with more success.

---terrah---
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Nope...our pediatrician told us not to. Nor did we use those teething tablets that people swear by. Neither are good for a baby. The tablets are even worse than the orajel because they contain belladonna which can be harmful to LOs.

The best remedy for teething is either Tylenol or Motrin (if the baby is over 6 months)

Txlisa7969
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Used it with my oldest as she had a terrible time with teething.  But I also think that was way before the FDA warning.  She is 15 yrs. old now.  My middle daughter (13) and my youngest son (6.5) didn't have much trouble and I don't remember using it with either of them. 

-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I used it with no problems but honestly I don't think it worked that well.  What worked best for us was Motrin and teething feeders.

mamadee1971
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I've used Hyland's Teething Tablets and it worked fine, no issues, reactions...nothing negative.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN