Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My husband is afraid of the topic of "sex"

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't know how to deal with my husband's issue with sex. I swear he starts to raise his voice every time I bring up sex. I've been dealing with it when it comes to us and our sex life, nothing can be out of the norm or even close to taboo. Including me having an orgasm... and any tipe of toy is the devil! But he likes to have anal but I can't even talk about anything else or try anything. I am dealing with it. But now I tried to talk to him about how we are going to talk to our son about sex and he was like we don't need too, the Bible says it all. While I am a devote Christian and would like to raise my son that way I refuse to be niave. We both had sex before marriage and even though I would hope my son would wait, he might not. I don't many that have. I hate arguing with my husband because he is 6'7" and he gets loud. And always does it in front of our son who is 5 months old and I sacrifice my view's to save my son from seeing or hearing it. I don't know what to do, and I am so frusturating by this. I don't know what to do. HELP.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Replies (11-12):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Your husband sounds like kind of a bully. You can handle the sex talk with your son, just start young, and keep talking. There are childrens books too that you can read him. This way as he gets older he will be comfortable asking you questions and it won't be too awkward:) If you wait until he's 13 it'll be too late.

potgieter
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM

so a big difference between men and women is that men are "side to side" while women are "face to face". This is what  I mean, men experience spending time NEXT to you as quaility time while most women prefer have face to face time ( for example my husband loves spending quality time with me by watching tv together, I prefer playing board games or eating dinner facing each other) In the same way, women like to have conversations face to face ( oh the amount of times I ask dh to look at me when we are having a conversation)  while men find face to face conversations similar to an attack - so they become defensive. I have found that the most progress comes when I breech sensative topics with DH in the care. When I am NEXT to him ( and cant put myself infront of him like I would if we were watching tv :) ) - he doesnt get defensive as easily and we accomplish alot more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)