Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

heat rash on a 7 year old boy

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
He has a rash on his ball sac and it is hurting him really bad. What do I do to make it better
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My dh gets some chaffing in the summer when its hot and he uses diaper cream.  lol  He says it works great.  idk if it would work on heat rash but it probably worth a try.  He could also try cortisone cream.

momto3intexas
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM
OK thank u I will try this

Quoting -PB:

My dh gets some chaffing in the summer when its hot and he uses diaper cream.  lol  He says it works great.  idk if it would work on heat rash but it probably worth a try.  He could also try cortisone cream.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I would suggest a cool oatmeal bath and some benedryl to help calm him. My one twin got this at about the same age but he had it all over and was going crazy. As far as the ball sac is concerned ask you Doc or pharmisist about a spray such as jock itch. Hope he gets better soon....I know how miserable he must be

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Oatmeal bath and maybe coconut oil

LoreleiSieja
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM
There is a terrific product on the market - Gold Bond Medicated powder. There's three varieties - one is designed for feet, but the one I buy is for bodies. It smells nice, and gets rid of the pain and the rash almost immediately. I'm overweight, and I get heat rash between my breasts and between my thighs. It can be very painful. One shake of the powder and I feel better. Also, if I use the powder when I get dressed in the morning, I don't get the rash.
kali_mom
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Ask his doctor if corn starch will work?
Asenath
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

My DH uses baby powder during the summer. I also put baking soda in my sons baths, softens the water and helps keep his skin from drying out. A little boy I babysat had a pretty bad one too, oddly anti fungal cream lol I thought it was anti itch cream when I first pulled it out and used it. 

nicoleg806
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM

My hubby does the same thing

Quoting -PB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)