Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Always asking "How?" and it's driving me crazy! Is this normal?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
My ds just turned 4 and has been asking "how?" ALOT. I could be saying "your dad is coming over today." He then asks "how?".. Me: "He is taking the bus." Ds: "How?" Seriously it gets annoying after awhile. Is this normal? Will it ever end? lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM

He is curious is all. Yes its annoying What you can do is turn it back on him and say How do you think ?

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Completely normal! They just like to keep the conversation going. With my kids it was always "why?" I can't remember when it ended but now I miss it!

Athira
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM

this is completely normal......They are just curious

Heatherx4
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I asked what as much as your little one does. yes its normal
wanderingmuse
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:40 PM
We live in a big world with a lot of stuff to learn about. I love the how and why questions. It shows kids are legitimately interested in the world around them and how it works. We timed my 5 ur old one, he asked why 32 times in an hour. Lol. Imagine how much info he got. I've also noticed he sometimes asks the same thing again to make sure the rules haven't changed. Sometimes they have (it's ok to run up and say hi loudly to gma at the grocery store, not at a formal dinner etc..)
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM
lol

Quoting wanderingmuse:

We live in a big world with a lot of stuff to learn about. I love the how and why questions. It shows kids are legitimately interested in the world around them and how it works. We timed my 5 ur old one, he asked why 32 times in an hour. Lol. Imagine how much info he got. I've also noticed he sometimes asks the same thing again to make sure the rules haven't changed. Sometimes they have (it's ok to run up and say hi loudly to gma at the grocery store, not at a formal dinner etc..)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN