Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20/20 + Glasses = 1 Confused Mommy

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Was this a mistake or is it ok.

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

I took my daughter to our family eye doctor today. She is six and has been complaining of blurred vision. I thought she was complaining because she wanted glasses because not long ago her brother got glasses. Well the pictures they took of her eyes showed that she is near sighted. However when he tested her in the exam room with his gadgets and letters she came out fine 20/20. So he said he wanted her to wear reading glasses for computer and reading. I didn't ask many questions because he's been our doctor for twenty some years. Was this a mistake or is it ok. It just has me thinking since we left.
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Confused because near sighted means you can't see far away. Should not need glasses for reading or the computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilladies81
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Do her eyes cross slightly? My daughter has 20/20 but was a very light prescription on one side to keep her eyes from crossing.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I would call in and ask him to explain more.  My dd has fairly good vision but due to astigmatism she needs glasses for reading and close up work.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM

You can force your eyes to focus but, it makes the muscles work harder. I can focus far better than 20/20 vision but, wear glasses so my eyes can remain more relaxed and less stressed. 

Femommy
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
No crossing at all
Karen_S
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:20 AM

If you are confused, just call and ask him to call you back and explain again and let you ask questions. It's OK to not catch it all the first time and want to really understand. 

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Mine has tracking problems and his glasses really help. His eyes hurt when he reads without them.
oddfox
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Did he give you an actual prescription or suggest something over the counter? It just may be her eyes get tired focusing close up. Try the glasses. 

lazyd
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM

The eye doctor gave my 14yo bifocals!  But yet she has 20/20 vision.  She uses them to read, cuz she was getting headaches.  

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM

not sure, my dd has really bad eyes.  she had eye surgery in December just to have another problem revealed (a tracking problem)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured