Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how would you feel?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
Little bit of a background
My boyfriend and I have an almost two year old but did not become involved in a relationship until about 9 months ago. When we got together I knew he worked at a bar and worked horrible hours 3-10 or 5-12 or sometimes even 1 at night. I figured if things went forward with our relationship then he would get a different job or try and change his schedule. ( mind you he slept with one of his coworkers before we got together, so I really don't like him working there) I have my own apartment and he rents from his moms house. He takes our son usually just once.a.week overnight by himself and usually I.sleep at his house on thursday's and.sometimes Friday. So for spending time together its usually after work thur at 10 til fri morning and then I come back that.night and leave early Saturday. Occasionally he will sleep at my house on a different day after a lot of complaining about it.
The issue is after this long I want it to be going.somewhere. I want to see him more. I want us to raise our aon together. It feels like a half assed relationship to.me. he'd rather go home and play playstation then hang out with me or just wants his time. All this.just makes us fight all the time. I honestly don't know how to make it better at this point. Am I overreacting or would you be annoyed at how little you spend with.your boyfriend?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM
He's an immature ass. You and your child deserve a man who is fully committed to you. Your current boyfriend seems to get what he wants when he wants it. There is no responsibility in this. He needs to be all in or all out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I agree with pp. Sounds like he is immature and not ready for the full responsibility. He needs to step it up or you need to move on and find someone who will be there for you and your son all the time and not just when its convient for him. Unfortunately I have been in a relationship like this and you cannot change him or force him to step up. If hes not ready, hes not ready. My advice would be to accept things the way they are or move on. I personally, moved on and glad I did.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I would feel stupid and upset with myself for choosing him.You knew his schedule and what he did. You knew he slept with girl at work, yet you still went forward. Men don't quit their job to please women. You would be better off walking away. Let him pay for his child and have partial custody.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Move on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)