Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

marital problems

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 39 Replies

I am 39 years old. I am going through the early stages of menopause. with the depression, mood swings, hot and cold flashes, I also have been coming home from work and cry for no reason, I love my husband but I am not in love with him.  But there is this guy that is in jail that I went to school with and I use to date him. Well we have been talking for quit some time now and I am falling in love with him.

I was wondering if any one can please give me some advice on how to deal with all of these feelings I am having.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:13 PM

try again troll is my advise

Aqua_Jen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't make any big relationship decisions while your hormones are going crazy. Have you told your husband what is going on? Maybe try some counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ericajjones
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Thank you I am going to try counsiling

Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Except advice

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Oh the post police LOVE IT!!!  My advise is...( now try to understand it ) TRY AGAIN TROLL

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

Except advice

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM
4 moms liked this

My answer to anything like this is always the same. Drop the guy you are "falling in love with". Then put the time in that you used to spend with him, with your husband.

Remember why you got with your husband. Nurture that. The grass is not greener on the other side. It is particularly not green when the other side is in jail.

You might also try a menopause support supplement that could help with some of your symptoms.

ladybugist
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Do not entertain any thoughts against your marriage----if u do your only asking for trouble----remember why u fell in love with your husband----those are good thoughts.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

My answer to anything like this is always the same. Drop the guy you are "falling in love with". Then put the time in that you used to spend with him, with your husband.

Remember why you got with your husband. Nurture that. The grass is not greener on the other side. It is particularly not green when the other side is in jail.

You might also try a menopause support supplement that could help with some of your symptoms.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I think she was trying to tell you that it's ADVICE not advise. One is hard and one is soft and they're different tenses I guess you could say.

But anyway- OP, if this is serious- don't do it. We could go on and on why, but you know better. Menopause is no excuse for crazy. Talk to your DH more, and to jail guy less.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Oh the post police LOVE IT!!!  My advise is...( now try to understand it ) TRY AGAIN TROLL

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

Except advice

Quoting erinsmom1964:

paytonleximomma
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

From experience that guy you are "falling in love with" is probably telling you things that you dont hear from your husband alot.  You need to drop the dirt bag you are falling in love with and put that energy into your husband.  I went through a rough patch with my husband 10 months ago and through it all we are still together.  I ended up moving out for 2 months until I got my head back where it needed to be.  Come to find out I was suffering from depression, anemia and got put back on meds for my severe angry issues.  We worked through alot with each other and come to find out my hubby and I love each more now than ever.  Sit down and remember why you married him in the first place.  Seems to me your hormones are out of wack and you need to go see a doctor to get some of these issues taken care of. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)