Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Working at home

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi moms! I have a 5 month old. His daddy is still in the Philippines working on his visa to be able to join us here. I really wanna work to somehow provide for my son but nobody is gonna take care of him and he refuses to take a bottle when I'm out so I guess daycare is not an option now. My mom said I should do online schooling so I could take care of him while actually doing something with my life. I'm 21 and I had my GED and had some college before we migrated here. I just want to know what do you think of home schooling? And is there anyone of you working at home? I really wanna try working at home
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I would further my education so that the work at home jobs become better for you.  Given your age , you may qualify for a bunch of different grants for schooling and you can do it from home.   Where did your birth country since you immigrated here?

Dyosen0013
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'm from the Philippines. I've been trying to search from the internet but I'm hesitant of giving my info. Nowaday's cant really say what's legit or not.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would further my education so that the work at home jobs become better for you.  Given your age , you may qualify for a bunch of different grants for schooling and you can do it from home.   Where did your birth country since you immigrated here?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I totally understand the hesitancy.  What you can do is go to a local college and see if they can help you for online courses through their school and what financial help you can get to help support you and child.

Quoting Dyosen0013:

I'm from the Philippines. I've been trying to search from the internet but I'm hesitant of giving my info. Nowaday's cant really say what's legit or not.

Quoting frndlyfn:

crazy4u49033
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Contact a local or state college and ask what programs are offered online. Most college websites will also tell you what programs are offered online. You could also take a class at a community college. Most are only an hour so you could leave your baby with someone without a bottle.
Dyosen0013
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Thank you! I would definitely do that. I appreciate your help :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

I totally understand the hesitancy.  What you can do is go to a local college and see if they can help you for online courses through their school and what financial help you can get to help support you and child.

Quoting Dyosen0013:

Quoting frndlyfn:

RShay735
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My 16 year old daughter is homeschooled, and I feel it's most effective. We have a certified teacher come to the house every day and teach her. For us, it's the only option that's possible, and the most effective one. But, I I think how effective it is depends solely on the child and the situation. Our other three children thrived in the school setting. I also work at home as a massage therapist, and love it. I love being able to work in the comfort of my home, keep an eye on the DD, and manage my home. I think your success rate of working at home will depend on what you do for a living. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN