Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

PIOG - 8 month old hyper and won't sleep. Please, please read.

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 30 Replies

My boy will not sleep for longer than a hour and a half. At night he won't go back to sleep unless we feed him. During nap time and bed time he is hyper as hell. He laughs, growls, talks, crawls, plays and whatever else he can do. I know he is tired because most times his eyes are barely open. 

Just to get it out of the way, here is a list of things I have tried. 

Ignoring him, feeding him solids in all shapes and forms and times, playing him out, being outside, all forms of natural remedies, Advil, Tylenol, tempra(when teething only)

Cio, Lio (laugh it out) Mobile and other sounds, Pu/pd method, Co sleeping, Feeding him to sleep, Easy sleep method, Wrapping him,Taking away afternoon naps, moving bedtimes, naps and wake ups and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. 

He has been doing this for months. The longest he has ever slept for is 6 hours one time. The frustrating part is he is the happiest baby ever. The only time he cries is when we are ignoring him so he goes to sleep. He also is a huge eater. He has 3 solid meals a day and 30 to 40 ounces of formula. The other night he drank 18 ounces in 8 hours. He never throws it up either. I know there is nothing wrong with him. He is a happy, healthy, active boy. We are just so burnt out. I can't even sleep for more thank 2 consecutive hours because my body as been programmed not to. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or has/is going through this?

TIA

"There is nothing common about common sense."

by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM

No idea, sorry... Good luck. :(

Katenemsmom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Will he sleep in the swing?
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Sounds.like a baby to me. A little old, but if you could get him to latch you could buy yourself more sleep... I can't imagine getting up to make bottles all night long!
nicoleg806
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

You have tried everything I would have. So sorry

cooper2012
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Yes i was with my kiddo who is now ten months. Like your kid my son is very active as well. He even began walking at 8 months of age. you've tried alot, see a pediatrician.
kali_mom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Perhaps an independent sleep study can provide some help. Otherwise I would encourage you to see his doctor
jhslove
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this

How long has this been going on? I know you said "months", but can you be more specific?

Have you taken him to the doctor to get checked out?

One more question--you've tried a pretty impressive list of things. How long do you stick with each one, consistently, before moving on to trying something else?

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Bump!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Is he overweight? Are you feeding him every time he wakes up? How long did you do CIO? I've never seen it not work! Honey, you NEED your sleep at night and so does he, let him cry, he will learn to go to to sleep.

marisab
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM

hes 68 mos old and thats how they sleep it gets better cuddle and enjoy;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)