Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

traveling abroad with toddler for 7 weeks: any suggestions?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

we are about to travel abroad for 7 weeks and I was wondering if you have any suggestions in terms of what to pack and what to have as carry on. I did travel with my LO when he was an infant and even as a toddler but now he is walking and he is  much more active than before.

I will call the dr about benadryl.

I am checking out the car seat. shall i buy the bag with wheels for it? or is it really not necessary

I am taking our ipad. 

BTW, I am traveling solo with him.

i'd love to take our BOB jogging stroller for long walks but I think I will just take the light weight Mc Laren.

anything you may share?

thanks so much

by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brieri
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM

take some gum for ear popping landing purposes.  

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I honestly wouldn't bring a stoller.  Depending on where you're going, stollers can be a bigger PITA than they are a help.  I would invest in a soft carrier, like an Ergo or a Boba.  But really, traveling abroad isn't really different than traveling in-country. If you forget something, you can get it there. All you for SURE need to remember are things that comfort him.  A blanket or a bear or whatever.  HE is still going to want to "feel at home".

The car-seat thing... don't check your carseat.  If you're bringing one at all, bring it on the plane with you.  Will you be in a car at all where you're going?  Might not be worth it to bring, TBH.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I am not carrying him anymore but thnka for the suggestion.We did that before when he was an infant

Quoting jackiewal10:

I honestly wouldn't bring a stoller.  Depending on where you're going, stollers can be a bigger PITA than they are a help.  I would invest in a soft carrier, like an Ergo or a Boba.  But really, traveling abroad isn't really different than traveling in-country. If you forget something, you can get it there. All you for SURE need to remember are things that comfort him.  A blanket or a bear or whatever.  HE is still going to want to "feel at home".

The car-seat thing... don't check your carseat.  If you're bringing one at all, bring it on the plane with you.  Will you be in a car at all where you're going?  Might not be worth it to bring, TBH.

yperez0209
by on May. 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Other than what has been already suggested I would like to recommend a combi stroller. I have a McClaren but i would take this one hands down. It folds up and it has straps that you can carry it on your back like a back pack. It's light weight. My only complaint is that if you are tall you have to bend over a bit when pushing it. The height does not adjust.

I would also pack his pillow case and all the obvious items that he would like to have with him. How long will you be on the plane? 

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Umbrella stroller.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)