Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

have you ever heard of a Segregated cemetery before......

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 36 Replies

My mother told me that where I live currently in Moultrie segregated cemetery's are the norm.... I could not help being astounded of all the backward things to hear in this day and age. But maybe I'm wrong.... So I ask is this normal in other places?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Which part of country are you in?  Depending on the age of the county, it could be very well the typical set up for that areas cemetaries.  Are you wanting to be buried by someone ?

la_mona
by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Which part of country are you in?  Depending on the age of the county, it could be very well the typical set up for that areas cemetaries.  Are you wanting to be buried by someone ?

I'm in ga and no I'm not..... Lord willing that is a long time off.... Don't recall how the conversation even came up

-PB
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

idk...I've never heard of that.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting la_mona:

Quoting frndlyfn:

I'm in ga and no I'm not..... Lord willing that is a long time off.... Don't recall how the conversation even came up

LOL  We find out the oddest things from random conversations.

la_mona
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Isn't that the truth.... Just wish it were somewhat less stupid of a fact 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting la_mona:

Quoting frndlyfn:

LOL  We find out the oddest things from random conversations.

LucyHarper
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I know of some old ones, but none that are modern day, though I'm not exactly surprised, there are still parts of the country that have segregated proms.

la_mona
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quoting LucyHarper:

I know of some old ones, but none that are modern day, though I'm not exactly surprised, there are still parts of the country that have segregated proms.

Yeah they just changed one to integrated in north ga this year
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't surprise me. There is that one hs in GA that was all over the news for still having segregated proms.

la_mona
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Quoting cjsmom1:

It wouldn't surprise me. There is that one hs in GA that was all over the news for still having segregated proms.

Yeah that's the exact one I'm talking about.... Governor made a stupid remark about it. Far as I can tell after 28 years of being here Georgia is a f.u. State.... Meaning if you don't have it we're not trying to help you get it.... Or in this case change it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)