Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Whats the best paying job youve had without needing schooling

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
  • 10 Replies

Im going to be needing to move soon and Ill be paying rent, bills, ect. Not sure what to get into but Im thinking about becoming a bartender in the pm so i can only be gone while my son is sleeping. I heard it pays well but I want as many ideas as possible as quickly as possible

by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM

The only job I've ever had is the one I have right now, and it took two years of college and passing the NCLEX. However, look online now through the wanted ads in the area where you are moving, look into getting your GED, if you don't have it, and then just apply to as many jobs as you can, and take what you can get, then become more selective once you can afford to. 

jojo_star
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Oh, and another piece of advice: Bug people. Don't just apply, and then let it sit, call them, go in in person, talk to the manager/shift leader, whatever, hand in your resume, and then call every few days, make them notice you. Learn as much about the company or employer as you can, and then tailor your answers to fit within the company's vision or operation standards.  And ideas: McDonalds, Walmart, any fast food place, hospitals for clerical work, secretaries, libraries, and of course the wanted ads. 

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM
The one I'm in now. I started 5 years ago and am now a remote superviso. I started at $8.75 an hour and now make about $12 an hour. It's for an answering service. I work from home most of the time now as well.
prego122211
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Thanks, I do all that. Im awesome at getting jobs I just need high paying jobs now..Dumb kinda because i know everyone does, but I was just seeing if anyone had experience in good paying jobs that didnt require college. I plan on getting into school more when Im stable fully. I have a high school diploma and a ROP certification. Im going to get my bartending certification soon too

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I did serving tables, bussing tables etc.  Some days it was good, some days it was bad.  Make sure if you go the bartending route that they give you an actual wage and not only tips.

dr3baby
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Bartending

AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 6, 2013 at 4:04 AM
I've never bartended but have bussed- tips are usually a great help!
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I'm enlisted military. No college needed, they pay for your schools, free medical coverage, housing provided, and a good chunk of my paycheck is non-taxable. And then they give you money to go to college later.

The major downside is that you work long hours and might have to put your life on the line. But I love it.

Elle.tea.22
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:20 AM
The one I have now. I started a year effort finishing college at 47,000 a year. I graduated and it wet up to 52. Now, 6 years later with my promotion I will be making 80k.
Danapopcorn
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Stripper.

howd I get here? I thought I was still in mom confessions! Disregard my answer lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)