Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What would you do?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM
  • 23 Replies

A friend brought this up and I was curious as to other opinions.

So say you took every precaution and still got pregnant, you can't afford nor do you want another child, bringing it into your family would put great distress on everyone and the children would all suffer, you decide to go the adoption route. How would you explain it to the child/ren you already have?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM

No idea what i would do.

BabyBoy080112
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't have the heart to give up my child. I would make sure that my children don't suffer though, even if we aren't financially able to support the kid(s).

Mami9207
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Go the adoption route, but don't tell your children you're pregnant! Or if so, say your carrying the baby for someone else since they can't have kids. 

jojo_star
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I've been in a similar situation, and I didn't and never would choose adoption. I aborted.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on May. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I have no idea how I would handle a situation like that.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quoting ceciliam:

I have no idea how I would handle a situation like that.

anotherandree
by Inga on May. 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM

If I decided on the adoption route, this is what I would say.

Quoting Mami9207:

Go the adoption route, but don't tell your children you're pregnant! Or if so, say your carrying the baby for someone else since they can't have kids. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Adoption. We have way too many kids brought into this situation every day. Well, don't think most used 2 forms of bc and really tried everything to prevent the pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmcghee78
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I don't believe in abortion,but if my daughter would come and tell me that she is pregnant.It wouldhurt my for one, but abortion would be anoption. Yes, Ican't afford another baby inthe house,butI can makeroom for another one with the little that I do have.If I was in a situation where I did end up goingto getan abortion, itwould behard to explainto the other kids, but I would just be honest andtell them that I could not afford another baby, and I did what I thought was best.

LindaClement
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't do that. 

I've known too many adopted kids to hold any illusions about it being 'good' for any of them. 

I most certainly would never put myself in a position of telling a child that the reason they don't have their baby sibling is because we couldn't afford to keep one...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN