Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Discipline ideas needed - PIOG

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ladies I am desperate for advice. My 7 year old who is normally pretty well behaved (by no means an angel but not a "bad" kid either.

It seems as if in the last couple of days he has turned into a demon spawn. Now he has always been forgetful about stuff and luckily for him no major consequences have occurred. He has never been sent to the office about his behaviour - he ha always been a good kid as I said.

Come to the last 72 hours or so and oooooooh boy he is pushing his luck. He talked so much in class yesterday that the punishments were escalated all the way to the principal, his bike was stolen because he didn't put it away and a very good chance he has lost his $80 winter cost at school.

I am just feeling so overwhelmed right now with this I can't think straight.

He is of course grounded in the traditional sense for a month, is writing a letter of apology to his teachers and has a week of in school detentions but I am after some more creative non traditional punishments as well that will hopeful help him understand.

Give me your best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stargaze281
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
well did you talk to him and find out why he's doing this ?? Is he being influenced by someone in school ?
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I had my bike stolen 2 weeks after my birthday. It was the first sleepover of summer and I was excited and left it outside. I had to earn allowance and pay for half or all of a new one. I would have him earn his coat also. You can even give each chore and amount earned and deduct his debts. As far as school, I am kinda at a loss because you have no true authority over it because you are not there with him.  At 7, they are pretty talkative though.  I would ask if something changed and why he can't control his talking. Someone could be bothering him, or he is placed by someone that he should not because they also talk. Most teachers will resolve the problem by placing them in the front or by themselves somewhere in the class. 

bluedolly01
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Yes we asked. He doesn't know why, when we asked he couldn't even tell is what he was talking about.

Quoting stargaze281:

well did you talk to him and find out why he's doing this ?? Is he being influenced by someone in school ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluedolly01
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I am having a meeting with his teacher this afternoon to find out what happened.

Quoting Mamamanic:

I had my bike stolen 2 weeks after my birthday. It was the first sleepover of summer and I was excited and left it outside. I had to earn allowance and pay for half or all of a new one. I would have him earn his coat also. You can even give each chore and amount earned and deduct his debts. As far as school, I am kinda at a loss because you have no true authority over it because you are not there with him.  At 7, they are pretty talkative though.  I would ask if something changed and why he can't control his talking. Someone could be bothering him, or he is placed by someone that he should not because they also talk. Most teachers will resolve the problem by placing them in the front or by themselves somewhere in the class. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM
sounds odd to me that he just started behaving like this unlike his behavior before. It has to be school related and he's probably being influenced by someone in his class or a friend.

Quoting bluedolly01:

Yes we asked. He doesn't know why, when we asked he couldn't even tell is what he was talking about.

Quoting stargaze281:

bluedolly01
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I am having a meeting with his teacher this afternoon so I hope she might be able to shed some light on that.

Quoting stargaze281:

sounds odd to me that he just started behaving like this unlike his behavior before. It has to be school related and he's probably being influenced by someone in his class or a friend.

Quoting bluedolly01:

Quoting stargaze281:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN