Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I get my daughters ears pierced?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 81 Replies

Mobile Photo

Sooooooo.......???

My mom says she looks like a boy, and getting her ears pierced will make her look more feminine.

Opinions?
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally don't like seeing girls so young with their ears pierced.  It is my personal preference.  I waited for my daughter to ask me if she could get them done.  She asked me when she was 5. 

And... your little girl does not look like a boy.  She's a cutie :)

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM
At the age of independant sitting/standing ect they tend to pull their eats and explore themselves and could hurt herself. I think she looks like a girl. I get that about my daughter but id think the pink/purple, ect gave it away. I personally plan to wait until she can ask and take care of it, like my mom did for me. Me and my mom are also allergic to anything below 14k gold
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethansmommy0213
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I don't think it's that important for a baby to appear femiane so for that reason I wouldn't do it. Plus she won't really understand or appreciate it yet all she will know is that her ears hurt and if they get infected she will be in more pain. Plus my niece had hers pierced when she was really little and ended up pulling the whole earring backwards through her ear causing the diamond to get stuck in the middle. It was horrible she had to go to the doctor to get it out. So I would wait till she can appreciate it and understand not to pull on it. She's an adorable little girl :)
BabyBoy080112
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM

A lot of people pierce their daughter's ears at a young age...I think it's because of that same reason or because they won't remember the pain. I don't know if I could do it, though. What if the baby starts pulling on them or they get infected. I get really scared thinking about things like that.

Anyway...she looks like beautiful young girl to me. Girl clothes should be obvious enough that she's not a boy.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM

no

britmichele
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
She looks like a girl to me :) I think she's plenty feminine without her ears pierced
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM

That is one of the dumbest reasons i have ever heard.  I personally would not get them pierced until she asks for them.   Most babies are androgenous even with ears pierced.  I have seen boys that age with their ears pierced as well.   I think she looks like a girl given her outfit and her smile.

eykelley
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I pierced dd's ears at 12 weeks. I love it personally. I had many reasons to do it and don't regret it at all.
bpryce
by on May. 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM
im against piercing ears until they are old enough to ask. My mom had my ears pierced when i was 3m old and my holes are crooked. I cant wear hoop earrings because of it. They werent crooked as a baby, i Just wasnt done growing and changing. I hate that i cant wear hoop earrings and i wish my mother would have waited until i was older
3JuJu3
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Why hurt a baby unnecessarily?  Why is it important for a baby to be feminine?  Your daughter is adorable, btw. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN